Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Grip pod

• Thank you received: 0

Grip pod was created by dsc13

Can anyone tell me if the grip pod vertical grip\bipod is good enough to be used as a stand alone bipod?? I have built a AR 10T using an armalite lower with an Armalite match trigger a Magpul PRS stock and pistol grip. The upper is an Armalite AR 10T upper that I put an Armalite quad rail free float tube. The gun weighs 13.4 pounds with the Luepold MarkIV with no mag. I will be putting a SureFire muzzle break on it before I shoot it.

I also plan on bead blasting the stainless barrel. Any suggestions on a durable finish for the barrel that I don't need to bake or send the barrel out to someone else?? I was thinking Alumihyde but am not sure. please I welcome all responses and am espesially interested about the grip pod.

Thanks,
Dan
13 years 6 months ago #5721

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Tackelbarry on topic Re:Grip pod

I have the steel reinforced Grip-pod on an AR-15 and it works fine. That being said, if you are running a heavier rifle and are looking to shoot prone I would probably try another, more adjustable bi-pod. The GG&G extreme heavy duty has passed the military drop test and is used on Armalite Super SASS by certain military units. I have used one and it is very nice. Hope this helps.
13 years 6 months ago #5743

Replied by dsc13 on topic Re:Grip pod

Thanks. I did check out the GG&G bipod, she is a beast. I would love to see one in person. Im going to just have to get one and check it out. Do you have an opinion on the Harris bipods?
13 years 6 months ago #5747

Replied by Tackelbarry on topic Re:Grip pod

I have owned several Harris bi-pods and they are fine. However, they are no where near the same quality as the GG&G. The Harris is spring loaded, which is convenient, but that feature does not allow it to lock in to place like the GG&G. When you could buy the Harris for $55.00-75.00 I I felt like it was ok for the money. Now, even from Brownell's they can cost 2 x that and I do not see that the quality has increased, just the price. Like I said in the earlier post, I like the GG&G. I am confident because it has worked, and will continue to work for me under any conditions and circumstances.
13 years 6 months ago #5757

Replied by dsc13 on topic Re:Grip pod

Thanks. I feel the same about the Harris bipods. I like em on my woodchuck guns but I definitely want something a little sturdier on the AR10.
13 years 6 months ago #5758

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Hot Lead Zapper on topic Re:Grip pod

Vltor teamed up with Tango down in 07 to manufacture the ModPod. The ModPod folds up nice and tight out of the way of forehand on the high side of Quad rail.
www.vltor.com/modpod.htm

Bobro short VFG
Bobro is a high-end manufacture of AR accessories and builds bipods for GG&G.
www.bobroengineering.com/view/product/2/

My Avatar shows the Vltor side mount ModPod and the Bobro short VFG.

DuraCoat Inc.
DuraHeat high temp is available in six colors and used primarily on the barrels of fully automatic weapons. DuraHeat is capable of withstanding temperatures of up 1800 degrees F, and cures at room temperature.
www.duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/

John Norrell Inc.
Thermal Stability:
The cured coating will withstand exposure at 500 f for 1000 hours minimum and 1000 hour minimum soak at -125 f. Minimum initial oxidation temperature is 880 f. Thermal breakaway is 1000 f minimum.
www.johnnorrellarms.com/default.asp
13 years 5 months ago #5933

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Hot Lead Zapper on topic Re:Grip pod

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

13 years 5 months ago #5939

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!