Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Looking for Flip Up BUIS...

• Thank you received: 0

Looking for Flip Up BUIS... was created by 1MOA

Hi everyone!
Im in the market for some back up iron sights for my AR10T carbine, i have been looking at the Midwest Industries Front and rear Flip Ups and the GG&G Flip ups but cannot decide which to get.
The MI are obviously cheeper AND i like the way they look BUT if the GG&G perform better that would be my choice.
Anyone that has knowledge or opinion on the subject please feel free to chime in! Thanks!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

13 years 2 months ago #6722

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Lazerus2011 on topic Re:Looking for Flip Up BUIS...

I use a gas block mounted GG&G front flip up BUIS on my AR 10 / Rem R25. The GG&G is nice kit, better than my previous YHM front BUIS.
I have been thinking about swapping the two component gas block/ GG&G front BUIS for a unit that combines both.

When I want to take off the scope, I use Leupold Quick Release Weaver rings for almost instant scope removal/ replacement. Since I mount the BIG scope too low for any flip up rear BUIS, at the backI use a LaRue NON folding quick release/quick mount BUIS.
13 years 2 months ago #6732

Replied by 1MOA on topic Re:Looking for Flip Up BUIS...

Hey thanks for the responce!
Yeah i am def looking for flip down style, gas block mounted on the front and a behind
or under the scope deal for the rear. that larue mount sounds good ill have to look into
that.
I think im leaning tword the GG&G they look lower and the rear sight folds back not forwards
i think that would help out alot how my scope is mounted
13 years 2 months ago #6734

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Looking for Flip Up BUIS...

If you check my article out (in the article section) you will see the set up I have on my A4C...I went with MI...and have no regrets, I even went with the SPLP on my M-15...both my AR-10 and M-15 have the MI drop in railed hand guards and sling adapters...MI is quality equipment and they will back them up for life.
So don't rule them out....check my youtube channel...I did several videos on their equipment....

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 2 months ago #6738

Replied by 1MOA on topic Re:Looking for Flip Up BUIS...

are these sights all pretty much plug and play or do they need to be sighted in?
13 years 2 months ago #6744

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Looking for Flip Up BUIS...

Well my friend....as with all sighting equipment...they need to be adjusted to distance...I have both of mine sighted in at 50 yards.
If you use a laser or a red dot you can get them close to start...
If you need some help...let me know.
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 2 months ago #6748

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!