Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

bi pod

• Thank you received: 0

bi pod was created by Rusty Boldt

I got the armalite AR-10A2 CARBINE 7.62 W FORWARD ASSIST BLACK and was wondering can I put a bi pod on or would I need to get one of those quad rail systems?
13 years 2 months ago #6753

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by markthenewf on topic Re:bi pod

If your AR has the standard handguard with the line of holes on the top and bottom of it, you can buy rail inserts. You just pop off the handguard and secure them into place with the supplied screws.

Mine are something like this:

www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?f...splay&category_id=93

See attached pic. This is how I have my bipod attached. When I bought the rifle, I just couldn't justify another $300 for a rail.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by markthenewf.
13 years 2 months ago #6760

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Rusty Boldt on topic Re:bi pod

Ok cool yeah I want a bi pod but like you crazy to spend that much dont want nothing hanging off sides what sights are those it looks like you have the same gun did you get the armalite ones or off brand
13 years 2 months ago #6762

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by markthenewf on topic Re:bi pod

I've actually got a Rock River LAR8 (mid-length 16" barrel). Nothing fancy on it, just the scope, backup irons, and the bipod. My sling is just a GI web sling similar to what they used back in the 60s on the M14 and M16 long guns.

She's locked up in the safe at the moment, but I believe the sights are midwest industry low profile sights front and rear. I picked them up at SOG here in Houston.

I've been sighting in at about 2 inches high at 100 yards, which is close enough to a 200-yard zero. This gives me solid hits from point blank out to 400 yards (plus or minus a couple of inches) without elevation adjustment. Not that I can really 'see' much beyond 200 with my eyes. That's when the 10x scope gets slapped on.
13 years 2 months ago #6764

thanks a lot man you just earned yourself sum good karma enjoy lol
13 years 2 months ago #6765

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:bi pod

OK...video time...but first some inquiries....Do you want a railed hand guard...if so...then Midwest Industries still has the two piece "Drop In" railed hand guards on sale...
www.ar10t.com/forum/ar-10-discussion/fre...t-handguards/mi-sale

but if not...they here is a alternative that will run you about 75 bucks minus the Bi pod....shooter ridge rock mount is a good one for the money....about 50 bucks....
Lets take alook.....
MI hand guard

Now for the alternative...
Granted it is on my M-15 but it will fit the AR-10....trust me..on that..

and now for the complete set...for the rail and bi pod mount...

American Defense also makes a QD BP mount that is less than the LaRue...
www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?f...play&category_id=316
and lastly...sort of....a little music video to show you what you can do with your AR-10

and the short article I wrote here on the site that goes with the video....
www.ar10t.com/handguards/economical-add-ons

Hope it helps you out.....
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 2 months ago #6766

OK...I have to throw in the field test / shooting video too.... :laugh:
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 2 months ago #6768

i'm watching the 3rd video now you can post any video you want they are all very helpful had no idea how many products are out there I cant say it enough thanks a bunch ar 15 stuff is everywhere but this site makes me feel like I got a personal expert to help me not just make a sale
13 years 2 months ago #6769

Well I am no expert, but I do what I can to help....and Thank You.
Not to toot mine own horn...I have several vids on this site...I even have trouble finding them all... :blink: :laugh:
If you click on the bottom of the video "watch on you tube" it will open it on you tube...then click the user name, it will take you to my YouTube channel....there may be some more to help you out...but alos...feel free to ask any questions you have...we have alot of experienced people here...and alot with more than I on alot of subjects....Thanks again. ;)
BMS...ETHRON1

13 years 2 months ago #6772

markthenewf wrote:
Thanks for posting that up...I thought I knew about all the MI stuff...must have missed those...and they are even cheaper than the gggs....might have to add one just for the fun of it and sell my ggg..
Well being I am Pro MI.... :laugh:
BMS

13 years 2 months ago #6776

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!