Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Site Speed

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mustang-PaPa on topic Re: Site Speed

Well it seems to be back to "painfully slow" this mourning.
It had been better for a few days but ii now the worst I have experienced here so far.
13 years 1 month ago #7165

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by DarkHelmet on topic Re:Site Speed

I am glad you are looking into this... when I initially started pounding around looking for AR10 information I came to the site a couple times but never stayed because of the delays... yes, am spoiled.

Your efforts are having a demonstrable impact... even over the last 4 weeks or so. As I work in the industry, tailoring the application instead of first throwing hardware at the problem was the right thing to do. If you're down to diminishing returns it may be the right time to consider new / different hardware. That's real easy for me to say, esp since I don't know the economics of running a web based forum.

Another forum I belong to has a supporting members structure (it was all of 10 bucks) and I trust this goes to defray costs of the server / network infrastructure. The advertisers above (near the banner) carry this site?

Regardless, thanks for your efforts - again, they are paying off and it is very appreciated.
13 years 4 weeks ago #7173

Replied by DarkHelmet on topic Re:Site Speed

Ref the gent above who posted 'its slow again'... I did not see his comment before I scribed...

If you (we) are seeing variation in response times and the site's activity level is pretty stable, then this must sit on a shared server (or shared network) and we're competing for finite resources. And loosing (ok, spoiled and dramatic).

You spoke about moving to a different server... if it is standalone it might make some sense. Or get some system and premise network performance data out of the hosting provider to try to map complaints against activity spikes.

I have 'survival' skills in this area, so caveat emptor, but if you need someone to bounce ideas off of just ping me.
13 years 4 weeks ago #7174

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Site Speed

Hello,

This site is on a shared server AND the banners above help to defray the cost; however, the site remains heavily subsidized by my wallet.

ArmaLite helped quite a bit by donating the AR-10's in the fall, half of the proceeds went to site expenses for a few months.

Hopefully a dedicated server is in the site's future. I'm working on different options right now. Hang in there for me guys!
13 years 4 weeks ago #7179

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Site Speed

The new server is up and running. At roughly 4x the previous server specs the site should run much faster then previously.

Please let me know if you've seen any noticeable improvements!

Thanks for everyone's patience during the change-over. It's been tedious at times.

Best regards,

M
12 years 11 months ago #7465

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Site Speed

Hey Boss..It Rocks...the site has never been FASTER...and with all the bugs ironed out....We Rock...who ever said that "I want it All" is a Bad thing...
Great Job...Mlotz..(Boss)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
12 years 11 months ago #7480

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re: Site Speed

Oh Lord! BMS is happy for once

Mark the occasion: May 18th will go down in history as the day that BMS finally was happy.

Lets keep track of how long this lasts!
12 years 11 months ago #7482

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: Site Speed

:huh: :unsure: :P ;) :woohoo: :whistle: :dry:
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
12 years 11 months ago #7484

Replied by DarkHelmet on topic Re: Site Speed

Site speed is WAY better... thanks for your efforts (personal and financial)...

Well done.
12 years 11 months ago #7489

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!