Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Paid Memberships = Limited Ads

• Thank you received: 132

Paid Memberships = Limited Ads was created by mlotziii

What do you think about having a nominal fee to eliminate google ads and other ads from the site?

This would mean two things:
  1. Less commercial advertising clogging up the site; and,
  2. More and better giveaways!

Questions, comments, ideas, etc.????

I'd love to know what you think about this idea
12 years 7 months ago #8648

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Re: Paid Memberships = Limited Ads

I could alway do without comericials so that's a plus :P
and I would like to get anthing free (giveaway things from the site)thats a plus :silly
But in that regared I hate to pay for anything :side:
AKAI
12 years 7 months ago #8680

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by mantawolf on topic Re: Paid Memberships = Limited Ads

I would argue that going to a pay model might pay some bills but I dont think its gonna be much. To be honest, I use AdBlock Plus on Firefox so I see very few ads anyways. The giveaways are a neat kick for that but it is gonna be hard to get enough subscribers to get decent give aways to attract more subscribers. Catch-22, or is that catch-308 here?
12 years 7 months ago #8695

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Rusty Boldt on topic Re: Paid Memberships = Limited Ads

I could see paying for no ads but paying for less ads doesn't compute to me.
12 years 7 months ago #8698

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re: Paid Memberships = Limited Ads

Sorry I wasn't very specific about it. By 'less ads' I mean everything except the giveaway sponsors.
12 years 7 months ago #8699

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: Paid Memberships = Limited Ads

The ads don't bother me. I think the numbers will go down if you charge, I doubt I would be here if there was a fee to use the sight, I would have just kept looking for the information I wanted elsewhere.
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 7 months ago #8708

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: Paid Memberships = Limited Ads

Almost every site I belong to has a "paid" membership above the free...there is more message space..more privileges and such...but all in all..is it worth it..
That is the question...some offer many things depending on how much you pay...it is all in the advertising...and offers...and the cost of operations..
Mlotz has made this site grow...new systems...new features and now...Advertising Promos...T-shirts Posters Stickers...and such...this all takes money to do...The Add don't really bother me because I know that it takes money to keep this site up and running...So...It could be an option..but it would have to involve something more than "No Adds"...as with a Paid Membership..you get (this and this and so on).........See what I mean...
I for one Promote this site with ever YouTuber that visits my Channel...AR10T is my Web Site...there...I have had alot of people come here and check it out..some have even joined... To Learn and share in the friendship and information contained with in...
As I said...The adds don't bother me...I always look at it as we have new sponsors...and click on them from time to time...
It Takes adds and Money to run a site...anyone who does not understand this...
well...I will be nice...can you run a house hold with out a pay check...
That for the most part is my $1.00 on the subject...as soon as I can my fiend...I will see what I can Donate to the site...I always said..if I could hit the Lottery...You would not have a care in the world as for the site...
BMS...
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
12 years 7 months ago #8709

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re: Paid Memberships = Limited Ads

Thanks for all the great feedback! It has given me some ideas moving forward. I think I'm going to add a ton more ads to the site AND make it so that once you are logged in most of the ads disappear.

There are about 275 visitors a day right now and very few ever log in.

BMS is right that paid memberships need to come with ADDED bonuses! I'm thinking any type of paid membership will include a shirt, stickers, access to paid members forum sections, etc. There will also be some super cool deals and giveaways just for members.

Thanks for all the great ideas!
12 years 7 months ago #8714

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: Paid Memberships = Limited Ads

Glad I could help Boss...sorry I have been away...I do what I can to help and support the site...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
12 years 7 months ago #8720

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!