Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Magpul MIAD grip for AR-10

• Thank you received: 1

Magpul MIAD grip for AR-10 was created by Harry Moto

I like a big grip, and I like Magpul, so it follows that 'My' rifle has a MIAD Grip on it with the largest backstrap. When I got my AR-10, my favorite grip naturally migrated to the newest, coolest rifle in the collection. Happy happy, right? :banghead:

The spring for the safety detent goes right in the hole, as expected. The spring for the rear takedown pin? It goes right into the space between the grip proper and the backstrap, leaving exactly zero tension on the detent. :mad: Figgers...

I'll have to get pix when I get home (pix or it didn't happen, I know, I know) but the solution was pretty easy. It involves a tiny bit of wood and a good bit of JB weld. I also drilled some tiny holes in the grip for the epoxy to cling to, all of this is completely inside the grip so it all looks perfectly stock. (so to speak) The build-up is actually captured when everything is together, so no worries about the epoxy loosing it's hold on the plastic. I've started the longevity testing, so we'll see how it goes...

Just throwin' it out there, in case there are any other AR-10 Magpul junkies out there. :welcome:
Knowledge is know a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad.

Awaiting my AR10A4BF, due this Friday.
USAF Veteran * Life member of the NRA
11 years 4 months ago #14457

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Magpul MIAD grip for AR-10

I did the same thing when I ran a MIAD. I used plastic cut from one of the back straps I wasn't using and some epoxy. I run the houge now because I'm okay with it, but my kids smaller hands like it much better.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 4 months ago #14460

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Harry Moto on topic Magpul MIAD grip for AR-10

D'oh! Wish I'd thought of cutting some off the other backstrap! Good idea!!
Knowledge is know a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad.

Awaiting my AR10A4BF, due this Friday.
USAF Veteran * Life member of the NRA
11 years 4 months ago #14463

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Magpul MIAD grip for AR-10

I forgot to mention that some people tap the spring holes and runs set screws in them to retain the springs, with a couple coils cut off. My lower didn't look like it had enough meat around the outside edge of the hole or that is what I would have done.

I'm all about the DIY, If it can be done at all, I've probably found a way to avoid spending money, admitting it wasn't 'sposed to work that way, or sending stuff off to be done right.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 4 months ago #14464

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!