Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

STRIKE INDUSTRIES VIPER STOCK

• Thank you received: 556

STRIKE INDUSTRIES VIPER STOCK was created by jtallen83

I put a Strike Industries Viper stock on my latest AR-15 carbine build. After a few hundred rounds I've decided it will have to go. The size is right and it looks cool but the fit is sloppy, both on the buffer tube as a whole and the lock fit allows movement. I think the issue is they made it as a one size fits all for both mil-spec and commercial buffer tubes.To their credit Strike has offered to let me return it for a refund, might take them up on it but I've already added grip tape to the butt because it was just slick plastic. They did mentioned a screw on rubber butt plate will be coming. If you don't mind a little slop then it might be a good lightweight option but if you're looking for a firm lock-up like most Magpul stocks then avoid this stock.
www.strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/...ck.html#.Vv64GaQrKCg

LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by jtallen83. Reason: grammar
7 years 11 months ago #47460

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic STRIKE INDUSTRIES VIPER STOCK

Nice stock, looks like it would be the thing to have for shooting over and around barricades. Would also do the grip tape for sure. Good to see someone doing something different. It may seem minor to some but that little angle on the bottom would make it pretty handy. With the new sights that are on the market I always find myself using different shoulder positions especially with the AR platform. This will probably become mainstream over time.
7 years 11 months ago #47476

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!