Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Armorers wrench or barrel nut wrench????

• Thank you received: 0

Armorers wrench or barrel nut wrench???? was created by luketwang

Hello, I am trying to replace my standard 2 piece handguard with a free floater. I am new at barrel removal and need to know what tools I will need for the task. I found a barrel nut wrench that has 4 little studs protruding out from it. And I'm sure u are all aware of the many armorers wrenches/muti-tools. From the looks of things, I think I need an armorers wrench. Would I also need a strap wrench?
Please help! I'm all ears...
Thanks
Luke
14 years 3 months ago #2895

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Armorers wrench or barrel nut wrench????

Welcome to the site first off. When you have a moment please introduce your self in the new member area, so all can know we have a new member.
On the wrench, the one you describe I am betting that it is a DPMS, I bought one of those, it was the wrong one for the ArmaLite....If I remember right, that one is for a free float hand guard barrel nut only....Here is the one you need for the stock nut....the same one that ArmaLite uses....
www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=24190/Produc..._308_ARMORERS_WRENCH

This one has three pins for the FF hand guard, so you won't have to get another as well...

on the strap wrench, I am sure someone here has one and can tell you where to look. You might check further on the link I provided.
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 3 months ago #2896

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by luketwang on topic Re:Armorers wrench or barrel nut wrench????

Perfect! Thank you very much for your time.
14 years 3 months ago #2903

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!