Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Should I get a PRS???

• Thank you received: 1

Should I get a PRS??? was created by chuter

I'm leaning towards a PRS for my 10-T. The original stock is "ok" but I'd like to have the versatility of the adjustable stock and pick up the adjustable mono-pod "foot" for it too. I'm looking for your feedback on the PRS product. Good? Great? Don't do it?
Thanks in advance.
12 years 3 months ago #9409

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Re: Should I get a PRS???

I put a PRS-2 on my HK91 because it had an LOP problem (but I had to add the thick butt pad to get more LOP than the stock HK91 stock). It's good equipment, but the PRS-2 weighs almost 2 lb, and that was something I had not considered until I trotted it out on opening day earlier this year.

I don't have any problems with the stock stock (?) on my 10s. It's not sexy, but cheek weld is good with the Armalite scope mount.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
12 years 3 months ago #9411

Replied by chuter on topic Re: Should I get a PRS???

PRS arrived today. Install tomorrow and maybe some range time Christmas day. Looks good, so far.
12 years 3 months ago #9553

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Re: Should I get a PRS???

Cool! I think you'll like it.

Let us know what you think, and if LOP with a scope mounted is adequate without the thick butt pad.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
12 years 3 months ago #9554

Installed the stock this morning. Very easy. Hope to get to the range in a couple days. Immediately noticed an improvement in the ease of acquiring the correct and full scope “picture” versus the OEM stock. The PRS is about ¼” shorter and that alone is worth the investment. The OEM stock is longer by the thickness of its recoil pad. I elevated the cheek piece by 6 clicks, just under 1/8th inch. Very natural feel overall. I mounted the sling on the left side ahead of the cheek piece elevation knob. Good investment and very pleased so far. Still thinking about the mono-pod too but for now I’ll wait. The scope is a SA Gen II on an Armalite mount.
12 years 3 months ago #9556

Replied by senator.giles on topic Re: Should I get a PRS???

I think you'll like the prs a lot! I got mine for Christmas last year and have not regretted it a bit. But, as another has stated--it adds weight! Scope, 10 rd mag, and prs stock on my AR10 weighs around 14 pounds. That makes it mostly a prone-only gun.
12 years 3 months ago #9560

I'm going to use a saying I've heard from friends who have had hip, knee or other body part replacement surgery... "I should have done this years ago". And yes, I should have. I'll still consider the mono-pod but so far I can't say I'll be needing it. The fit and feel is excellent. I can't say the additional weight will be an issue.
12 years 3 months ago #9580

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: Should I get a PRS???

Sorry I haven't jumped in on this earlier...I thought about the PRS at one point...but for my Needs I think the UBR would be better suited for me, anyway..
but then I loose the "Butt Stock Mag Pouch" ability...either way...so I have stuck with my Stock..."Stock" but that may change in coming days...One never knows...
Glad you like it...I know about the weight issue...You are Not Alone... ;)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
12 years 2 months ago #9662

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Re: Should I get a PRS???

The PRS works for me,...........

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
12 years 1 month ago #10687

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by cliff on topic Re: Should I get a PRS???

I have thought about replacing the stock on my AR10T with something different. I have two other ar15 rifles, and don't really want to loose the tight fit that the 10t has. because I just don't like the play that adjustable butt stocks have,,,even with a locking handle..but thats just me. the 10t stock isn't ( tactical ) looking but it sure does serve a purpose,,for being accurate for long range..somebody twist my arm,,ha ha, because that prs sure looks really nice.
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by cliff. Reason: grammer
12 years 3 weeks ago #10763

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!