Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Suppressor for AR-10A4CB

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: Suppressor for AR-10A4CB

No sweatee-da, GI.
I've got a fair amount of trigger time with cans (both in and out of uniform), and your statement here is somewhat in error. Several piston systems grafted onto the AR platform DO have a supressed setting (Ruger SR556, Sig 516 and POF-USA spring to mind offhand; there are a couple of others), but others such as the HK MR556/762 and the LWRCi line of piston ARs are self-regulating and therefore don't require an adjustable gas block.

As for recent platforms designed from the "ground up" to be piston operated, such as the FN Mk 16/17 and Bushmaster/Remington/Magpul ACR, both have a setting for supressed fire. The exception here is the Sig 55X series (Sold commercially in the US as the Sig 556, albeit with some significant changes), which does not have settings for supressed/unsupressed fire, only normal and adverse settings.

After-market gas regulators - I know MGI makes an adjustable gas tube for 5.56mm ARs. I do not know if they make one specifically for an AR-10 type rifle or if it's "One size fits all." Also, a caveat on the MGI tube. The regulator itself is housed in a small steel block. This may or may not work with your current hand guards or railed forend, which would necessitate some drilling on your part to make it work.

Leb
RLTW
13 years 3 weeks ago #7058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!