Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

have you?

• Thank you received: 153

have you? was created by mrraley

While I was out today doing errands for work and running around. I had stopped by the first store around 1000.

As I was walking down an aisle, I noticed a gentleman with a hat that said Viet Nam Veteran on it still a few feet from me but getting closer.

When we get close enough to make eye contact, I stuck out my hand to shake his and say thank you, and kept on walking about my business.

A few aisles later I saw the gentleman again. He stopped me and asked why I said thank you for. I explained that I saw and read his hat and wanted to thank him, from one Veteran to another.

He then thanked me, smiled, and went about his business, as did I.

Just figured I would share that, and ask… Have you thanked a Vet today?
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 11 months ago #21458

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic have you?

Yep, just did! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrraley
10 years 11 months ago #21463

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Redscout02 on topic have you?

I have not today, but I will right now Thank-You all and may you many years of getting thanks for you have done. :thumbs: :twothumbs: :usa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrraley
10 years 11 months ago #21475

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic have you?

Funny, I was heading to the liquor store Friday afternoon and someone randomly thanked me. I was confused for a second then I remembered I was wearing my USMC running jacket that was issued to me.

He followed me in and paid for my bottle of whiskey.

But when I got home, I didn't even drink it. I kinda felt guilty. Even though I deployed to a few combat zones, I just couldn't stop feeling like he feels sorry for me.

I don't like it when people thank me for my service. I don't know how to reply when someone thanks me.
10 years 11 months ago #21672

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic have you?

:usa: Anyone who donated a number of years in the prime of their life to serve our country, and had bullets whizzing by their head intended for them, should not feel guilty if there are people who appreciate what they did. A person doesn't have to agree with every thing our country does, but we all should agree we owe a debt to the men and women who have put their life on the line for our country. My advice: Enjoy the whiskey, you deserve it.
10 years 11 months ago #21673

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic have you?

:dry: Umm, I still don't how to reply when someone thanks me. I really don't know what to say. It's like someone turned my presidential teleprompter off.
10 years 11 months ago #21674

• Thank you received: 153

Replied by mrraley on topic have you?

I always try and make a point to at least say thanks to the person for being a veteran.

I get it a lot at times when on my motorcycle as I wear the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association patch on my vest. It's Vets helping Vets... that's what we do.

And every Memorial day weekend, we ride to the Veterans home in La Ssalle, Illinois and then to Marseilles, Illinois to do a wreath laying at the Mid East Conflict memorial wall.

Middle East Conflict memorial wall link...

It's a good ride and assist Rolling Thunder in the area too.
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by mrraley.
10 years 11 months ago #21675

Replied by Redscout02 on topic have you?

I do understand what your saying Dabu I had a hard timewith that as well, but I don't think they feel sorry ya man I take as they're glad we did what we did or in the case of those still active doing it. I find a lot of those thanking us were also in or have someone close to them in so they understand the sacifice we made.

I don't know about a lot of ya'll but for me it what I wanted to do since I was old eought to read my frist book. Also had lot's of folks from family in military all the way back to civil war. So when people thank me now I just your welcome,it was my plesure and move on. Because for me I had as much fun as I could and made many friends that I still keep in contact with to this day. Was it all fun NO but could I as a farm boy from South East Missouri ever have been able to go the places I went to met the people I met without joining the military no sir I would not. I would have went to work on some farm and still be there. Which is just not what I wanted. Oh and girls love a guy in uniform :thumbs:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dabu, Siscowet
10 years 11 months ago #21684

Replied by et1911rph on topic have you?

The draft for Vietnam ended as I turned 18 and I served between 78 and 84 - peace time. I appreciate it when people thank me for my service but I do not feel that I earned such gratitude. As I result I no longer wear gear that identifies me as a vet.

I do thank all vets that I see and especially the Vietnam era vets as I recall all too vividly how many were treated when they came home. While I did not participate in the vitriol I did not thank them then either.

My thanks to all on this forum that did write the "blank check".
10 years 11 months ago #21721

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic have you?

I never know what to say. I always feel like an ass trying to stumble through a 'thank you for saying thank you' or something, but it feels wrong to not say anything either. I really don't know how to articulate it.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 11 months ago #21724

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!