Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

have you?

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic have you?

Up until I moved here to S Texas I rarely displayed anything at all. When I retired I went to work as a consultant to the Fortune 500 on IT. On occasion someone would dig down and ask if I was former military and a few times was I a Vietnam vet. Experience taught me to keep it quiet and only answer yes or no. RARE to meet anyone at the levels I worked at who had ever been in the military. NEVER got a thanks nothing.

But down here in S Texas its different. Folks buying you meals, hugs, shaking your hand and discounts, some places give as much as a 20% military/veteran discount, most are 10-15%.

And LOTS and LOTS of salutes.

Also common here in Texas is disabled vets pay no property taxes or a graduated rate based upon % of disability rating. This can be worth from a few hundred a month to over $1000 per month you do not pay...no shortage of vets here...
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by OleCowboy.
11 years 1 week ago #21767

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic have you?

I normally run into 4 kind of people.

:unsure: The I donno: "What's the marine corps? Ohh you mean that you worked in the marine biology field?" :banghead:

:mad: The hater: "You are a war hardened murder! You're a baby eater who feasts on the souls of the dead!" :rotfl:

:drool: The young admirer: "OMG how many people did you kill?!" :dry:

:bow: The worshiper: Hey Marine, I just met you, and this is crazy, so here's some money. Thank you baby" :ohmy: :unsure: :dry:
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Dabu. Reason: I can't spell :(
11 years 1 week ago #21788

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by VTIT on topic have you?

We were on the way to Maine this week and stopped for lunch at a TGI Friday's. At the table next to us were a 1st Sargent and a Bird Colonel. I stopped to say thanks. They were in uniform and both had CIB's. I told the waitress to put their tab on ours and not let them know who did it.

I figured it was better that they didn't know and think that anyone could have thanked them. The way I look at it if they were a 1st Sargent and Full Colonel they were lifers and deserved thanks from everyone in the restaurant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrraley, OleCowboy
11 years 6 days ago #21821

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic have you?

Thank you...

Someone did that for me while back and when I went to pay, the waiter said some guy saw my hat and he was a Marine in Khe Sanh in '68 and remembered when the 1st Cav came in to help them out (Operation Pegasus), I was on that Operation...sure wish he would have stopped by the table, we would have had a lot to talk about.
11 years 6 days ago #21859

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!