Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Participate in designing the AR10T.com Ultimate AR-10 Rifle! Based solely on the members of this site. The UAR-10 will be a true reflection of the design concepts wanted by this community.

Bi-pod question

• Thank you received: 0

Bi-pod question was created by Dsl728

So I am working on my ar-10 with a 20" barrel. I plan on using it for hunting. the area I hunt I will walk in about a mile a glass a field all day. This has worked well in years past. Although I may get shots up to 600 yards,

In order to use my new ar-10 I figure I need to add afew things. I have a nice 3-9 scope that has worked in years past. I put in on the ar and it is doing fine, imalso put a MI quad rail on it, my issues are, I would like to put a nice quick detach bipod on it. Shooting in the field at that distance, it might come in handy.

I will also be sitting in one area for the most part but it is a short walk in, so I also need ideas as to how to attach a nice 2pt sling. I have a magpul ms2 that I really like for my ar-15. I would like to put it on the ar-10 but can't find a good attachment point for the a4 stock. Any ideas. Let me know

Thanks
Dan
11 years 10 months ago #11718

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: Bi-pod question

I've always been a fan of Harris bi-pods, but most require a rail adapter to work. Though I don't own one I'm impressed by Atlas bi-pods, they look sturdy as all get out and my bro's that have them swear by them.

Several companies make fixed stock sling mounts. GG&G and Daniel Defense spring to mind. Check their websites, I'm pretty sure they have something that would work on a fixed stock AR. If you wanted to take the 11B/0311 field expedient route, girth hitch a loop of 550 cord (That's Type II/Type III nylon, for all you Airborne types out there) through the lower sling swivel.
RLTW
11 years 10 months ago #11720

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: Bi-pod question

As for the QD bi-pod adapter....ADM...
ADM-bi pod mount QD
I use it on both of my rifles.
As for the bi-pod...that one is up to how much you want to spend...
I have a Shooter's ridge Rock mount..9-13" for my M-15..previously was for my AR-10, but I went with a Harris Light for my AR-10 now..with the notched legs..also 9-13...to lighten up the 10 aibt...
As for the Adapter you seek...check MI...the one I use on both the ArmaLite AR-10 A4 C and the M-15 A4 C is the MCTAR-10 fits the stocks perfectly...
MCTAR-10
You might want to use the HD swivels with it as well...
SWIVELS
I hope this helps.
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
11 years 10 months ago #11722

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by sansone on topic Re: Bi-pod question

I'm not sure this will help but I put a 4" rail on the bottom of my stock two piece handguard. cheap and easy
11 years 10 months ago #11805

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Re: Bi-pod question

I have a Harris 6 X 9 on 2 of my AR rifles. I selected the pivoting model to accommodate terrain and uneven situations...

I'll also be adding the same bi-pod to my AR-10 build...
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by NightForce.
10 years 3 weeks ago #36361

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!