Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Participate in designing the AR10T.com Ultimate AR-10 Rifle! Based solely on the members of this site. The UAR-10 will be a true reflection of the design concepts wanted by this community.

Project Schedule - Kickoff on September 15th

• Thank you received: 1

Project Schedule - Kickoff on September 15th was created by adminv15

Week 1: Rifle Style and Caliber - Close Quarters/Infantry/Special Ops/Long Range/etc. (September 15 - 21)

Week 2: Lower Receiver & Upper Receiver

Week 3: Quality Control

Week 4: Barrel & Gas Block (November 10 - 16)

Week 5: Buttstock, Pistol Grip & Handguard

Week 6: Internal Components - Bolt carrier/Buffer Spring/Trigger/Firing Pin/etc.

Week 7: Optics & Sights - Riflescope/Mounts/Sights/etc.

Week 8: Acccessories - Lights/Rails/Bipods/Slings/etc.

Week 9: Quality Control - Revisit previous selections

Week 10: Finish - Black/Green/Digital Camo/etc.
15 years 7 months ago #233
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by donkey1984 on topic Re:Project Schedule - Kickoff on September 15th

for week one i think we should do a medium or long range weapon in 7mm-08 or .308 preferably .308 due to the fact it is more common and cheaper of a round and there is millsurp in that caliber.
15 years 7 months ago #251
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Hoss0013 on topic Re:Project Schedule - Kickoff on September 15th

I agree with sticking to a .30 caliber round as it is a proven/explored round for its potential in medium and long ranges. From there, fine tuning the right bullet weight and type along with other cartridge components and dimensions is what will make the difference when matched with the right receiver and barrel. Personally, the M118A2LC round (a 168gr. BTHP anyways) has been a solid round to start with; I would tinker with powder loads and casings to find a match with the hardware. Using not-so-specialized calibers is important I think to make the complete AR-10 platform accessible and usable (I think of the AK-47 and it's success because of its accessibility. Not that I would want such a ubiquitous rifle that is dumbed down, but the lesson of it's adaptability is important). Maybe I'm skipping ahead, but with the right type and weight(for inertia 'hang time' etc.) bolt system, the .308 and specifically the round I mentioned can perform in 18" or 20" barrels, which would be important to maintain field usability yet give performance; otherwise I wouldn't compromise on the barrel (I'm thinking a spiral fluted 24" bull barrel)in order to build a solid S.A.S.S. platform which is what I have in mind for my own ultimate AR-10.
15 years 7 months ago #253

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!