Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Participate in designing the AR10T.com Ultimate AR-10 Rifle! Based solely on the members of this site. The UAR-10 will be a true reflection of the design concepts wanted by this community.

Week One - Barrel Length

• Thank you received: 1

Week One - Barrel Length was created by adminv15

Common AR-10 barrel lengths are 16-inch, 20-inch, 22-inch, and 24-inch.
15 years 7 months ago #266

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Week One - Barrel Length

I'm going to say I'd prefer to see something in the 18-20-inch range. A screw on suppressor would add another 7-10 inches to the rifle so it could get a little unbalanced. The extra 4-inches is only going to add a few fps to the bullet speed and help down range but from what I've heard a suppressor can actually help to dial in the accuracy as well.

I would like to see a 20-inch stainless steel fluted barrel with standard 8-32 threads to accommodate a can or flash hider finished in a flat finish
15 years 7 months ago #274

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by hdglock on topic Re:Week One - Barrel Length

I vote for a 18" with a provision for a supressor.

If you are just wanting to do with off the self parts then I guess the 20"
15 years 7 months ago #276

Replied by MBYANKEE on topic Re:Week One - Barrel Length

How about building 2 uppers one with say a 14 inch barrel and a second with a 20 - 22 inch barrel. easy to swap out top ends and can use a can on either.
15 years 7 months ago #281

Replied by Hoss0013 on topic Re:Week One - Barrel Length

I vote for a Spec Ops package/platform for adaptability for different uses, if we're trying to build one configuration. Obviously different barrels are suited for different uses, but if we're going to take advantage of what a .30 bullet can do, I think we need to give it a 20" barrel. Now what kind of 20" barrel would be where one can make this UAR unique. I suggest also a 20" heavy or Bull stainless fluted barrel with a thread system for a suppressor. That thread system could be a muzzle piece that although a brake or flash suppressor is not usually put on a Bull barrel, it could be a tactical piece such as an aggressive 'door breacher' type piece. Obviously it's not for door breaching, but would protect the muzzle from damage in the field and be a easier mount for a suppressor.
15 years 7 months ago #285

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Week One - Barrel Length

Good idea! Much like the LWRC
15 years 7 months ago #289

Replied by MistWolf on topic Re:Week One - Barrel Length

What about using a Christensen Arms graphite epoxy barrel? Light, stiff and excellent heat dissipation
15 years 7 months ago #326

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!