Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Participate in designing the AR10T.com Ultimate AR-10 Rifle! Based solely on the members of this site. The UAR-10 will be a true reflection of the design concepts wanted by this community.

Week One - Rifle Style

• Thank you received: 1

Week One - Rifle Style was created by adminv15

Some common configurations are:

Long Range - 24-inch heavy target barrel, bipod, adjustable stock, floated barrel

Close Quarters - Carbine length, collapsible stock, flattop

Special Ops - Mid length barrel with suppressor, 1913 style float tube for accessories, quick detach optics, bipod, forward pistol grip, accessory case with gadgets for any mission.

Infantry - Mid length with iron sights

Please choose one from above or propose your own configuration.
15 years 7 months ago #267

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by hdglock on topic Re:Week One - Rifle Style

My idea of the perfect AR-10 would be an all around performer. One that could do most anything you could ask of it.

- 18" stainless match barrel (should be good for at least 500yds) and have the ability to have a suppressor attached.

- Flat top upper and rail
- Quick detach optics (decent scope and Eotech or aimpoint or acog)
- Quick detach bipod and VFG
- Something along the lines of a SOPMOD stock

After sitting back and proof reading this I guess I am voting for the Special Ops package:lol:
15 years 7 months ago #269

Replied by controls2750 on topic Re:Week One - Rifle Style

This is an ar10(t) site. Go for the long shot.
15 years 7 months ago #272

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by AZMM on topic Re:Week One - Rifle Style

Special Ops style gets my vote of course being a minuteman above minutemen. B)
15 years 7 months ago #273

Replied by Hoss0013 on topic Re:Week One - Rifle Style

Definitely Spec Ops style. As in the barrel UAR forum I think a 20" heavy or Bull stainless fluted barrel with an aggressive muzzle piece for field use and QD suppressor ability would take advantage of the .30 bullet. I'd like to see a hardy collapsable stock with an adjustable cheek piece and an adjustable butt pad for fine tuning the pull between stops. I think this would make an excellent SASS type feature that would keep field operability. Definitely a bipod, custom grips per user preference; a float tube with accessory rails or even better a MARS system like on the M40A2. Solid reliable QD optics for sure, a mil-dot IR variable power of high quality. Personally I don't care for a forward pistol grip on an AR-10; that seems like a AR-15 specific accessory but if the float tube is full-up with tricks, it would be a good easy grab. I think the design of a true 25rd. mag. would be a custom aspect of this type of platform. Not too much to make a high drag magazine like a 30rd but some added capacity for convenience and good compartmentalizing that would be low(er) drag with a bi-pod equipped medium sized gun.
15 years 7 months ago #286

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!