Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Participate in designing the AR10T.com Ultimate AR-10 Rifle! Based solely on the members of this site. The UAR-10 will be a true reflection of the design concepts wanted by this community.

Week Two - Upper & Lower Receiver

• Thank you received: 1

Week Two - Upper & Lower Receiver was created by adminv15

The topic for week two is the Upper and Lower Receiver. There are only a handful of manufacturers producing AR-10 receivers so here we will weight the advantages and disadvantages of each.

If there is a feature that is not currently available in a receiver that you would like to see then please post the idea for open discussion.
15 years 7 months ago #295

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by bigwheel on topic Re:Week Two - Upper & Lower Receiver

On the 10t a high rise picatinny rail would be pretty nice. Stock cam or wedge pins between the upper
and lower should be standard as well on a target gun.
15 years 7 months ago #301

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Week Two - Upper & Lower Receiver

Can anyone offer any personal experience? I'd have to recommend Armalite because of the quality I see in my 10T and the great customer service they offer.
15 years 7 months ago #302

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Week Two - Upper & Lower Receiver

In principle, I would like to see something that's as interchangeable as possible. Since no AR-10 platforms were adopted by the us mil until recently, the M110, there has been no real standard like for the AR-15 series.

While I'm thinking for compatability the market will head towards knights/dpms compatable magazines, I'm still a fan of the Armalite, because of the quality/cost/performance trade-off.

As I mentioned earlier, a long heavy upper for getting the most out of the .308 would be ideal, but there's also rationale for having a 16-18" upper available.
15 years 7 months ago #304

Replied by MistWolf on topic Re:Week Two - Upper & Lower Receiver

Getting magazines will be a concern in the current political atmosphere. Will Knight's Armament be able to continue supplying magazines? Will cost be reasonable?

Rock River Arms lower uses FAL mags which are plentiful at the moment. Armalite uses modified M1A mags and M1A magazines are currently in production
15 years 7 months ago #325

Replied by HardCase on topic Re:Week Two - Upper & Lower Receiver

This may belong in a more "off topic" or politically oriented forum, but if, as I suspect, the Dems win the White House and retain both houses of Congress, perhaps even increasing their current majorities in those bodies, we can anticipate a renewal and probably permanence of the Assault Weapons Ban, perhaps in "improved" format, meaning that newly manufactured 11+ round magazines will become unavailable. Unfortunately, I suspect that they'll plug some of the perceived "loopholes" in the old AWB law, and make it much more restrictive than the one we had from '94-'04.

So.......I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference which lower is chosen. Stock up now!! Which mags, by the way, have proven to be the most reliable and durable? I believe that would be a more important criteria given likely future events.
15 years 7 months ago #328

Replied by MBYANKEE on topic Re:Week Two - Upper & Lower Receiver

How About starting with the Armalite gunsmith kit
www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=GSK1...38-a545-4283001ea629

sorry Not god at the forum stuff someone feel free to edit that to a click here

It has a tactical two stage trigger and alot of the small part included
15 years 7 months ago #329

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!