Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Participate in designing the AR10T.com Ultimate AR-10 Rifle! Based solely on the members of this site. The UAR-10 will be a true reflection of the design concepts wanted by this community.

Choices?

• Thank you received: 0

Choices? was created by TheSandInYurTuna

Seeking your expert opinion... Is it any cheaper or more advantageous to build your own AR-10? Or should I just spend the $2600 and get a POF 16" and save the headache? I have built 3 AR-15's, but this is a little different from what I am told. I am looking for 1" to 1.5" MOA, and want to keep the rifle small, functional, and portable. It will mainly be used for hunting hogs. If I am to build one, do I go on the Armalight platform or the DPMS? Thanks in advance!
14 years 1 month ago #3157

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Choices?

I like the Armalite Gunsmith kits and would be tempted to start there if I were building my own AR10. I know DPMS sells parts kits for the their .223s but didn't see any for .308

$2600 is more than I'd spend for a 16" personally when there are options from $1500-$2000, unless there's specific features on the POF that interest you.
14 years 1 month ago #3158

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Choices?

Well first of welcome to the site... :)
If you have that kinda funds, you have a couple of options...
First off...add another 300 and buy a SUPER SASS...
Second...check out the forum ArmaLite has a AR-10T CBNF for a limited time....here is the site link...
www.ar10t.com/24-comments-questions-erro...d-run-ar10tcbnf.html

I guess in my opinion, I would buy what you are looking for...it will save on the Aleive down the road and you have a warranty to back you up if anything goes wrong...again just my opinion.

Also, for that kind of money, you might look at Noveske..they make some top of the line rifles....and prices to match.
www.noveskerifleworks.com/

or go with LRWC..THE REPR...
www.lwrci.com/p-120-repr.aspx

anyway, which ever way you may go....you will be welcome here.. ;)

They are all top dogs...in my book. B)
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 1 month ago #3160

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Choices?

You got $2600 to spend. OK heres how it breaks down for pig hunting.
Geta DPMS SASS 308 they have a heavier frames and are the best to build off of for space guns and match rifles buy far. These are the frames that I require my students to work off of. Thats $1300 gone. Get you a mid priced scope Weaver, Nikon, Burris and get a cheap red dot BSA, Tasco, Barska, what ever they are made in the same plant in China. Thats $1850 gone. Now for the kicker Get you an AK for the brush and rocks mud and fight with the hog. The red dot goes on the AK by the way. Thats $2600 and your DPMS stays clean the AK has 20 to 50 yd hog accuracy. And there should be pizza money left in change.
The wife figured this one out. And she is no brain, did I say that. Lets recap 2 rifles, 2 scopes, pizza, and you can come back here and tale the story.MSH
14 years 1 month ago #3162

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:Choices?

MSH:

Now that's budgeting. Maybe we should put you in charge of the national economy. We'll all be armed and eating pizza.
Well done.
14 years 1 month ago #3164

Replied by TheSandInYurTuna on topic Re:Choices?

Thanks guys... That's some great advice and some great links to look into. Left over pizza money is always good as well....lol.
14 years 1 month ago #3165

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Choices?

The national budget is easy FIRE the house in November This is the year they are all up for reelection. That would send the message home. And I mean fire them all even the keepers. I'm of the opinion that picking someone out of the phone book would have better results for us all.MSH
14 years 1 month ago #3169

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Choices?

OH DAM..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :lol: :woohoo: B)
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 1 month ago #3175

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Choices?

I keep trying that one but it always puts me in the dog house. I have no business spending money on 'toys' she says. Last time I took her to the range she had a blast and every time it snows she wants to ride in my jeep. Funny how those things work.

Great recommendation! B)
14 years 1 month ago #3220

Replied by MistWolf on topic Re:Choices?

TheSandInYurTuna wrote:Only Armalite makes AR10s, so that lets out DPMS right there!
13 years 8 months ago #5000

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!