Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Participate in designing the AR10T.com Ultimate AR-10 Rifle! Based solely on the members of this site. The UAR-10 will be a true reflection of the design concepts wanted by this community.

Quick Release Mounts

• Thank you received: 0

Quick Release Mounts was created by moje45

I was looking at some of these this morning from Larue and a few others. Does anyone have any recommendations? I want to get something that can make switching from a red dot to a regular scope a simple task while keeping the sights zeroed. I have a bushnell 3-9x40 trophy that I want to use as well as a vortex strike fire red dot. Are quick release mounts adjustable to all sights or should I be on the lookout for anything in particular?

Thanks in advance!

MoJe
13 years 7 months ago #5467

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:Quick Release Mounts

You might want to check out American Defense Industries QD mounts. I have two, and am very happy with them. Or you could go the other route, and buy a ring that allows you to attach a small red dot to your scope, offset just a little. It works for CQB ranges very well. I have one of those from Valdada.
13 years 7 months ago #5468

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:Quick Release Mounts

I have the LaRue mounts on 2 guns and don't ever plan on using anything else. I also like the bumperstickers, meat seasoning and hats they throw in when you order from them.
13 years 7 months ago #5470

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Quick Release Mounts

Well it is a matter of money....now that is the question.... :dry:
I have several of the LaRue products and they are great....
have both for my optics....scope and red dot....
Top of the line....but $$$$$$
Check out Midwest Industries...they carry the full line of American Defense mounts...and from what I have heard...they are also very good....abit less on the $$$$ but worth it as well...
So again...what's in your wallet... :laugh: :dry:
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 7 months ago #5492

Replied by Parco on topic Re:Quick Release Mounts

Get what you pay for... I like LaRue hands down! B)
13 years 7 months ago #5583

Replied by dsc13 on topic Re:Quick Release Mounts

I have Q/D Larue mounts for my Aimpoits and think they are great. I have removed them and replaced them a dozen times for gun maintenance and upgrades. They have always gone back to zero. I also have A.R.M.S. Q/D ring mounts on a couple of guns w/variable scopes and they are also great, and return to zero. You get what you pay for. I have heard some good things about American defense mounts but I dont have any experience with them.
13 years 6 months ago #5761

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!