Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Participate in designing the AR10T.com Ultimate AR-10 Rifle! Based solely on the members of this site. The UAR-10 will be a true reflection of the design concepts wanted by this community.

hunting 308 ar platform

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: hunting 308 ar platform

Thank you for the compliment...I am glad my videos have helped...
As were to buy...
Midwest Industries ...Or ADM themselves...
Being MI gets the mounts from ADM...they might be out...but try them first...
I always believe in buying from companies straight out...or ones that are affiliated with the manufacture...
MI....
ADM...
Now on the mount itself...I have the Recon H...with the 2" offset...it may be high for some...but I like it...
One thing on the adm mounts....when putting them on for the first time...Play with the tension abit to figure out where you like the tension on the throw levers...before you sight it in...this will aid you in the future...also remember to repeat (always) the way you put it on...I always tighten the rear one first then the front one...as I did in my vids....also, scribe in the bottom of the mount what T slot the rear T bolt is in...for repeat placement.
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
11 years 10 months ago #11593

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My Thanks...again, glad I could help....
As for the ArmaLite mount...I do not have much knowledge of them other than those who own it...To me they are more or less to be installed and left on...I don't know how well they return to Z when removed....
As for the cost...well...ADMs are less than the LaRue mounts and better in my opinion...but it really comes down to what "You" want...my advice...spend the money on a ADM mount if you want QD capability...You will love them...Trust me.
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
11 years 10 months ago #11594

Just thought I would throw a recent Picture out there of mine...to give a better look....
BMS

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: donaldrumsfeld
11 years 10 months ago #11595

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by donaldrumsfeld on topic Re: hunting 308 ar platform

That rifle can help a lot in subsaharan Sahel,where I live and where populations face a serious terrorist surge,a terrorist surge which requires an erasing answer,also in Iraq,where withdrawal enabled Al Qaeda to rebuild,in Yemen,in Afghanistan and in Pakistan,regions from which Al Qaeda smuggles terrorists to Sahel and receive,through her branch in subsaharan countries,terrorists from Sahel
11 years 10 months ago #11597

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by donaldrumsfeld on topic Re: hunting 308 ar platform

Africom must react quickly,situation is serious and requires swift response
11 years 10 months ago #11598

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by WES213 on topic Re: hunting 308 ar platform

@ donaldrumsfeld: Not sure what to say here man but i guess i will just say OK if you say so?

@ BUILDING MY SASS: I get what your saying man, i just got back from grabbing some cheap rings to give the sight a go for now but will be looking in to the mount in your last pic as soon as money will allow it.

The Armalites lack of quick detach would really kill the point of the flip up battle sights so once again you have helped me with a better solution and with out a video this time as it was that last pic that put me over the top.
We go to war to fight terrorism and Communism then vote for a terrifying communist to lead us God help us all.
11 years 10 months ago #11599

Well my friend, again, glad I could help....if you have issues with those cheap rings and want something that will suffice try the Weaver Tactical rings...Extra High...unfortunately they are not QD but they hold up nice...had a pair on a .30-06...
BMS

11 years 10 months ago #11604

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by mini14gb on topic hunting 308 ar platform

I have been using a carbine 10T for the last 2 years. I bought the upper from Armalite and put it on my lower. Its certainly sub-moa and not to heavy as dressed its 10.3 pounds. With a nice patrol 3 point sling it feels much lighter and is my comfortable than any bolt gun I've carried.
11 years 5 months ago #12804

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!