Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Participate in designing the AR10T.com Ultimate AR-10 Rifle! Based solely on the members of this site. The UAR-10 will be a true reflection of the design concepts wanted by this community.

Mega MA-TEN up and lower build, Barrel suggestions

• Thank you received: 0

Mega MA-TEN up and lower build, Barrel suggestions was created by robcasola

HI guys,
This is my first post and my first ar .308 build. i own a couple AR style rifles (Larue predtar and a sig556). i recently bought a mega ma-ten billet upper and lower set. Im not planing on carrying this AR. Mainly bench shooting at the range, testing my own limits at how far i can shoot. i do not have any part for the upper and was looking for one company to purchase it all from (bolt, carrier, gas block, tube, barrel, firing pin, and what not). I have bought a 6.5x20-50 Zeiss Scope, i know its big but for the price i had to buy it even if i don't use it on this rifle.

i am looking between a 20-22 inch maybe 24?????. I have been looking at all barrel companies (jp, krieger, fulton, lilja, novesske, rock creek) and cant decide. im leaning towards JP.

Can anyone help me out with any comments or advise about my build??
Thanks
12 years 3 months ago #9984

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: Mega MA-TEN up and lower build, Barrel suggestions

here is my contribution to your question....
Lija Precision Barrels....
Via a Friend...

www.riflebarrels.com/winners/silhouette_hpcomp.htm

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
12 years 2 months ago #10051

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Mega MA-TEN up and lower build, Barrel suggestions

I also built my AT 10 around the Mega Maten billet machined set. I used a lot of JP Enterprises components including the barrel..

JP Enterprises Barrel
10 years 1 month ago #35738

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Mega MA-TEN up and lower build, Barrel suggestions

:welcome: Welcome aboard NightForce :usa:
I'm looking forward to hearing more about your build, pictures maybe??????
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 1 month ago #35742

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Mega MA-TEN up and lower build, Barrel suggestions

Rob you seem to be going all out: That said 2 bbl makers come to mind. Krieger and Lilja, the two I lean towards Krieger ONLY because I have met with their engineers and discussed bbl making, they KNOW their business. www.kriegerbarrels.com

I would call either one a coin toss, you will not go wrong.

There are only a hand full of bbl companies world wide that make ultra match grade bbls. Most companies outsource them and at best just have their bbls built to their specs. If you are going to the gold them deal with a actual manuf of bbls, in most cases you will spend the same and sometimes less money for a better product.

you might want to read this: www.riflebarrels.com/articles/longrange_...8_tactical_rifle.htm

Most of all let us know and show...
10 years 1 month ago #35761

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Mega MA-TEN up and lower build, Barrel suggestions

Thank you for the Welcome!

When I get everything together and it's looking good I'd be glad to!
10 years 1 month ago #35770

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Mega MA-TEN up and lower build, Barrel suggestions

Sounds like a great build. Look forward to your reports.
10 years 1 month ago #35779

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!