Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR10 two stage trigger

• Thank you received: 0

AR10 two stage trigger was created by dsc13

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Armalite AR10 two stage tactical trigger and their two stage NM trigger. Is it worth putting in the NM trigger if the lower already has the tactical one already installed. And how hard is it to adjust them by just reading their instructions?
13 years 5 months ago #5646

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Maestro Pistolero on topic Re:AR10 two stage trigger

Not too much difference. There is a little more handwork on the NM. If you want to improve your trigger significantly, look at changing the trigger to something like a Rock River Arms, or a Giessele.
13 years 5 months ago #5651

Replied by dsc13 on topic Re:AR10 two stage trigger

Thanks for the response. Will all AR15 triggers fit the Armalite AR10 lower? I have a Jewell trigger i took out of my over the course gun, she is sweet, will it fit in the AR10??
13 years 5 months ago #5653

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:AR10 two stage trigger

As for the interchangeability of the 10 and 15 triggers...I have heard it can be done...but I would suggest getting one for the AR-10 that way you know for sure...use the right part for the job...
Being I have no experience with the NM triggers...but both of my ArmaLites have the 2 stage tactical...I can't say about the difference...but I will say if you are building a combat style rifle...stick to the tactical triggers....
Just my .02 worth.. :dry:
but I am sure we will here from the office on this one.... ;)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 5 months ago #5657

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Uncle ArmaLite on topic Re:AR10 two stage trigger

dsc13 wrote:
The triggers are interchangeable. Have fun!
Uncle ArmaLite
13 years 5 months ago #5662

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:AR10 two stage trigger

WAY TO GO UNCLE.... I knew someone from the office would have the answer.....thanks, now "I" know....too.... B)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 5 months ago #5665

Replied by dsc13 on topic Re:AR10 two stage trigger

Thank you for your response Uncle Armalite
13 years 5 months ago #5670

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Scaup58 on topic Re:AR10 two stage trigger

Armalite tech note 68
Link to Armalite's tech note describing tuning of tactical two stage & NM triggers. As I understand it, they are the same parts except that the factory tunes the NM. I just tuned up the Tactical two stage in a new M-15 build for my son and it's quite nice. The first stage is a little heavier than I would like but break is pretty clean with barley preceptible creep in the second. Now, if you want an awesome trigger, get an American Trigger SR Gold. I have one in my AR10. I've shot a RRA match trigger and the SR Gold is better. The first stage is very light but with enough travel, at the end of which waits a significant pull weight increase and a break that feels like a high end varmint rifle. It also cost $200 more than the tactical two stage so if money is a significant issue, I'd tune your tactical.
13 years 5 months ago #5671

Replied by Maestro Pistolero on topic Re:AR10 two stage trigger

Is there detailed instruction somewhere on how to remove and replace it? I saw the tech notes on how to tune it on Armalite's site, but I have never removed/replaced the before.

The notes at #68 don't cover basic remove and replace.

Thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Maestro Pistolero.
13 years 5 months ago #5672

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Scaup58 on topic Re:AR10 two stage trigger

OK, the linky didn't work. Just go to Armalite's site, click the library button, select tech notes and look for #68. There's an awful lot of good reading in the tech notes section!
13 years 5 months ago #5673

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!