Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Rifle vs 9mm vs .45 . Handgun and Rifle Caliber Co

• Thank you received: 67

Rifle vs 9mm vs .45 . Handgun and Rifle Caliber Co was created by foxhunter

Rifle vs 9mm vs .45 . Handgun and Rifle Caliber Comparison From a Medical Point Of View .

Type in this title in YOUTUBE. The video is 33min, 8 seconds long. I found the video this morning on The Firearm Blog
It is a lecture by a trauma surgeon on rifle vs handgun wounds given to EMS and nurses. The last 8 minues are too technical for all but medical personal, but the rest is wonderful info on the 308, the 5.56, the 9 mm and 40 cal.
The video shows graphic effects of rifle and pistol ammo on humans, so kids shouldn't watch.
I am not computer savvy enough to provide this as a link, so I apologize for that. But I just entered that title as a youtube search and it was the first one to pop up.
Everyone who handles a firearm should see a video like this.
some highlights are that 6 out of 7 people survive handgun wounds. A 9mm round hits the body with the same energy as dropping a 10 lb wt 0.7inches (ie not much). Rifle injuries usually don't make it to the ER. Hollow point handgun rounds may at times actually do less damage than full metal jacket bullits because penetration is decreased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 3 months ago #44104

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25

Replied by bipe215 on topic Rifle vs 9mm vs .45 . Handgun and Rifle Caliber Co

The following user(s) said Thank You: foxhunter, Old18C
9 years 3 months ago #44105

• Thank you received: 25

Replied by bipe215 on topic Rifle vs 9mm vs .45 . Handgun and Rifle Caliber Co

Very informative, thanks Foxhunter.

Steve
9 years 3 months ago #44106

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Rifle vs 9mm vs .45 . Handgun and Rifle Caliber Co

Interesting. Any bullet ingesting into the body is not a good things for those concerned.
9 years 3 months ago #44108

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Old18C on topic Rifle vs 9mm vs .45 . Handgun and Rifle Caliber Co

Thanks for sharing
9 years 3 months ago #44114

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!