Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× In order to post to the "Wanted" forum you must be either a Club Member, Supporting Member, Lifetime Member, or Industry Sponsor.

WTB............. Scope

• Thank you received: 42

WTB............. Scope was created by zfk55

It's very unlikely that anyone here will have this scope, but I'm offering a $50.00 finders fee to anyone who can locate this scope and it ends up as availavble for purchase.
It won't work to just find it and its not for sale. :huh:

This is a Swift scope, and the windage and elevation are hidden in a waterproof slip collar at the back of the scope. This is the one I now have. I want as many others as I can find.

This is mounted on a Steyr.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This is a closeup of the open collar showing the windage/elevation adjustments.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Latigo :huh:
Latigo

"When futile negotiating is done, when the corrupt politicians will not hear, when the voice of the citizens is ignored you will then face me under a different and final circumstance."

Col. Michael Hoare
13 years 5 months ago #6043

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:WTB............. Scope

Interesting my friend....what you have is a very old scope...the rifle looks like it might match the age of the scope....I have been researching this...I found one similar but not exact...a newer model..I talked to a couple of sources about your scope...where the slip ring is a cool novelty they said that you would be better off with a new version...but I sense that you are looking for nostalgia so I will keep looking to see what I can find....
Makes for an interesting Quest..... :dry:
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 5 months ago #6044

Replied by zfk55 on topic Re:WTB............. Scope

The slip ring isn't just "cool", it was made that way for a reason. Its for big game rifles that require a very low profile IE: no turrets to get in the way, and that's also perfect for the FN types. Its virtually no more than 1/2" higher to dead center on the crosshais than the open sights.

That slip collar is also 100% waterproof. My Grandfather designed it for Swift a long time ago and it went into production for about 12 years.

The rifle is an original Steyr FN from the early 80's. Its an import from Bavaria.
Thanks for the info, but I have about as many scopes as a retail store so I really don't need another scope, but I do want two more of that one.

Unfortunately, this site is so insanely slow for us to access that its unlikely I'll be posting. I can't wait a full two minutes between moving from one place or one post to the other and just logging in is taking nearly three minutes, and I have a very powerful computer here at the studio.

I'd like to participate, but this is just too much for me in wait time.
Thanks for your input Pierre, and I'll check from time to time to see if anything's changed with your site.

Thanks

Latigo
Latigo

"When futile negotiating is done, when the corrupt politicians will not hear, when the voice of the citizens is ignored you will then face me under a different and final circumstance."

Col. Michael Hoare
13 years 5 months ago #6046

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:WTB............. Scope

Does that scope have a model number?
13 years 5 months ago #6047

Replied by zfk55 on topic Re:WTB............. Scope

Edge, the only ID on the entire scope is "Swift 4x32 Waterproof" ands the factory ID number but that won't help at all.
Pretty frustrating.
My Grandfather was their R&D man for 25 years before he retired and even he can't locate one within the regular channels at Swift. I actually called them and was told the net is the only possibility. When Swift Instruments opened the Swift SportOptics division a lot changed.
A full semi load of binoculars, scopes and Lensometers, Pelorus' and other optics disappeared in the move to the coast. Most all of it was prototypes, brand new older models and limited runs of all kinds. I'll tell you about it when I get some time. I'm filling Swiss Products orders this afternoon.
And thanks for looking!

Latigo

BTW............ theh site speed has amost doubled this afternoon. Odd.
Latigo

Col. Michael Hoare
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by zfk55.
13 years 5 months ago #6048

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:WTB............. Scope

Well my friend....I tried....I googled it, and used every search engine I could find....I think you might have to hit the collector areas an maybe some one has one....Sorry...but I will keep my eye open.....still might have a source or two...

As for the site speed....If you are having trouble contact Mlotz and I am sure he will look into it....I always dumb the history before I log on...it does make a difference...and it also depends on your provider.....I hope to see you around...you have added a lot to this forum....
I believe your dad a bout bailed on us once...but I convinced him to stick around until The Boss got the bugs fixed.....so STAY PUT... :laugh:
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 5 months ago #6050

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!