Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

New Member Introductions!

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic New Member Introductions!

Welcome sounds like a great 1K rig.You should have no problem pushing it way out.Look forward to your range reports.
9 years 5 months ago #42909

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by TSE on topic New Member Introductions!

Hello all. My name is Steve and I just purchased the DPMS L-308. I had a hard time deciding on the 5.56/223 or the 7.62/.308 version of an AR. Then when I decided to go 7.62/.308 it was hard to decide between Armalite and DPMS. I have gone by the way of DPMS mainly due to cost and parts availability. Please feel free to give me your opinion pro or con on my selection. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
9 years 5 months ago #43005

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic New Member Introductions!

:welcome: Looking forward to pictures and a range report!
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: TSE
9 years 5 months ago #43006

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic New Member Introductions!

Welcome TSE and congrats on the purchase. As far as passing judgement on DPMS vs Armalite, or RRA, or Knights, you won't hear it from me. Six months from now I will be interested in your judgement of your purchase, as yours is the only opinion that counts once you have taken it through its paces. I have and like Armalites but I don't disparage any manufacurer especially if I don't have hands on experience with them. Look forward to your range reports.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, TSE
9 years 5 months ago #43009

Welcome to the AR10 game, and welcome to the site. Look forward to your contributions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TSE
9 years 5 months ago #43010

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by asmith on topic New Member Introductions!

I had held off introducing myself because it seems all the other gun forums I have joined it seems that every post I make draws a condescending, smart-eleck remark from some firearm "God". This forum has been refreshing different. I want to thank everyone for the positive comments on my budget carbine build and I look forward to being a member of this forum.
I am retired. I was a certified Master Auto Tech. for over 30 years, retiring from a small municipality in New Mexico after 25 years, the last 10 as Garage Superintendent. I find that my interest in guns is a little cheaper than drag racing. :lol: Born and raised in NM and now living in Texas. Thanks again, Alvin. B)
9 years 5 months ago #43127

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic New Member Introductions!

Welcome asmith, you have two things in your favor already: You have a 308 AR, and from your Avatar you obviously like 1911's. You are getting off on a good foot I would say. Two years ago when I found this site, I was a newbie, but I was never treated like a know nothing, by the people on this forum who knew a heck of a lot about 308 AR's and firearms in general. While this site has had it's ups and downs and people come and go and come and go again, it is one of the most congenial firearms forums I have found. I am not a firearm expert, but there are quite a few of those around from time to time, so if you have a question, ask, and I think you will find people genuinely trying to help et you an answer. Plus we want to hear how that carbine shoots. :welcome:
9 years 5 months ago #43128

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic New Member Introductions!

Welcome Alvin, sounds like you should feel right at home here. In case you want to share we have a section for posting pictures of pistols as well, the 1911 will always be a favorite of mine.
:welcome:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 5 months ago #43132

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Bear on topic New Member Introductions!

Hello, and thanks again for the site. I was active here several years ago. I currently have two lowers and three uppers. The first rifle was bought as a complete new AR10T and came with the 24" match barrel, without forward assist, and with the fiberglass handguard. I modified it to what I call a Semi SASS. The upper receiver and bolt were replaced with the forward assist version, the for end now has a quad rail and SASS gas system, but retains the 24" barrel which is not threaded for a suppressor. It has the bipod and scope mounts as shown on the SASS. The buttstock is the PRS and scope is a Nikon 6x18. This rifle likes Hornady 168 grain match ammo. When I do my job it shoots under .5 MOA 5 shot group.

The second rifle was a modern AR10T top end fitted with quad rails and a complete lower from Armalite. The 20" bull barrel shoots about 1 MOA 5 shot groups with Hornady match. I think it will do better with ammunition fitted to it. Scope is Vari X III 3.5x10

I just finished a third top end. This is a lightweight system for hog hunting in North Texas. It has a 16" barrel from Armalite with mid length tubular hand guard. I built it using the left over upper receiver and bolt carrier without forward assist. I added two 5" rail sections, one on the right for a light, and one on bottom for a bipod if needed. At a quick glance it could pass as an AR15. The range for shooting is normally pretty close, so accuracy is not a prime requirement. The reduced weight was the primary requirement. I have not shot it yet. I wanted a Fed 338 barrel, but none are available. Currently all three uppers are .308. If I find a .338 barrel, I will probably swap out the bull barrel on that top end. The better performance from the 24" barrel makes it my prime long range rifle.

Thanks Again,

Bear
9 years 4 months ago #43295

Good to see you returning to the site Bear. Sounds like you have been busy.
9 years 4 months ago #43298

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!