Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

New Member Introductions!

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic New Member Introductions!

Welcome back Bear, sounds like you have some nice equipment there.
9 years 4 months ago #43299

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Michael_D_Henry on topic New Member Introductions!

Hi, my name is Mike Henry. I'm 50 years old and an avid hunter and shooter. I'm an NRA member and love my guns. Last year, I go the AR bug and built a high end AR15. This year, I bought an AR10A (T). I love it
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, jtallen83, Libertarian623
9 years 4 months ago #43314

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic New Member Introductions!

Welcome to the boards Mike nice rifle.
9 years 4 months ago #43326

Welcome Mike, nice rifle. Question: I notice you have 45 degree offset BUIS. Did you connect them directly to the rail of your low profile gas block? If you did, did you have any problems in getting the sights adjusted?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
9 years 4 months ago #43327

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic New Member Introductions!

:welcome: to the support-enabler group! Nice looking rifle, I've been looking hard at that same stock......maybe after Christmas.....
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43331

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Michael_D_Henry on topic New Member Introductions!

Thanks for the welcome guys. I love the stock, but only put it on there the other day as it a "Christmas" present from my wife. Took it hunting this weekend, but haven't had a chance to fire it yet with the stock. The 45 degree sights have not been fully sighted in either, only shot a couple times, but they seem pretty close. Much more range time is needed for further development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
9 years 4 months ago #43337

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Judah80 on topic New Member Introductions!

Hello everyone. I'm Matt from Denver and 34.

I was looking at replacing my VEPR with something a bit more accurate, best group I could got was 2.75" at 100yds with wolf gold match grade. That was really just a fluke as my average using a wide variety of stuff was around 4 moa. Not good enough, I was looking for closer to 2.5". 4 moa might be good enough for the military, but not me. I maybe could have gotten it there with extensive mods, but that was a big MAYBE.

Anyway, it was a good time to sell the VEPR as I got what I paid for it plus some.

So I started looking at my options in 308/762 Nato. I wanted a reliable no frills gun that had a wide range of uses, from bench shooting to hunting. After extensive research (using Google Fu), I basically narrowed it down to two rifles. Armalite AR-10 B model and DSA SA58. I actually liked the B model better, of all the AR-10 type rifles out there it was the only one with consistent reviews about how it wasn't picky about ammo, and it was mentioned that this was probably due to the M14 style mags.

My personality is such that I gravitated more towards the DSA as it was the more robust design, but in reality the AR-10 would probably suit my needs better.

I was back and forth literally a 100 times. Finally I decided that the new cast DSA Voyager was the best value for $1000. I could use the extra cash for ammo and mags.

I was all set to buy it, but before I did I figured I'd check and see if there were any new deals on the Armalite. Behold, CDNN had them on sale for $1000. I didn't hesitate and purchased it immediately.

So here I am, soaking up all the info I can on my new gun. Sorry for the long winded post.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Judah80.
9 years 4 months ago #43365

Welcome Matt, and congratulations on your purchase. That CDNN closeout is a phenomenal deal. I would lay in a stock of "B" model Gen 2 mags in the near future, as I am guessing that Armalite will discontinue the B model. Once you do that, who cares? I have a standard A4 and it is incredibly accurate. If yours is anything like mine, 1 MOA is not unreasonable. Below is my best group with it to date, using 168 grain Sierra BTHP reloads.let us know how things progress with it. And feel free to ask questions. If we don't know the answer we will tell you.

9 years 4 months ago #43367

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic New Member Introductions!

:welcome: Congrats on your new rifle! As Sisco said, stock up on mags now while they are available and cheaper.At under 300 yards my AR10B shoots NATO ball ammo as well or better than most match grade stuff and I've never seen a malfunction on any ammo. Shoot the shit out of it and enjoy! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43369

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic New Member Introductions!

Welcome to the forum ASmith, TSA, Mike and Matt, along with anyone I have missed.

Welcome back Bear, I remember You.

It has been a while since I have posted in here Myself. Seems I needed a little vacation away from the Forums I am a member of. Just too much going on, still is so, I am not sure how much time I will be able to be in here, or, any of the other forums I belong to. I will as time and Mine mentality will allow. :I-agree: and I do too. :busted: :rotfl: :cowboy:
I really like the emoticons of this site, especially the " :busted: " and the " :cowboy: "
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 4 months ago #43443

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!