Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

New Member Introductions!

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic New Member Introductions!

Good to see you Marty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
9 years 4 months ago #43471

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by txhollowpoints on topic New Member Introductions!

Hey guys just introducing myself names Jerrid I'm from south texas. Of course being from texas u gotta love guns and u gotta love huntin so it goes hand in hand with me. I'm sure there's some active duty and non active duty guys on here I personally am not but appreciate y'all givin me the right to shoot shit. Don't have any knowledge at all about AR's but they are cool and I've been scoping out some of y'all's rigs and man there sweet. I wanna buy one and build it up to you guys levels. I'm wanting the long sniper lookin scopes with the bipod and the fancy stock that adjust and the stainless bull barrell. JUST HERE TO LEARN AS MUCH AS I CAN
9 years 4 months ago #43768

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic New Member Introductions!

:welcome: Glad to have you on board. There's a wealth of knowledge here, just ask if you can't find it with the search page :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43771

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Old18C on topic New Member Introductions! FNG Here

Older retired Military Officer and LEO. Avid weapons nut with a few business expense toys in my collection. Shot on a military M-14 rifle team for a few years and was a LEO firearms instructor off and on.
Joined here to gather more info and ideas for the AR-10 in the photo.
Guess I need more practice at posting photos(took three tries)

Sorry guys for the lack of info: Armalite AR-10 Carbine with standard upper that was accurate enough I replaced the EoTech with a scope then went back to the red dot when I had the Proof Research 18in barreled upper built with a mount on each for a Surefire 7.62K suppressor. The scope shown was Buris 3x9 with a red dot in it and has been changed to a Leupold VX-6 2-12x42mm Firedot CDS system as the upper shoots almost as well as my Styer SSG 69. The lower was rebuilt with Geissele trigger buy a friend who retired from the AMU as an armor. I have killed a few deer with these already and rang metal out to 800 while at practice but the primary reason for them is work related.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, jtallen83, Siscowet
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Old18C.
9 years 3 months ago #43918

Welcome and it looks like a nice set up. Carbine upper with a red dot and a rifle upper with a scope. First suggestion: shoot both as much as you can if you haven't already, and make a list of your likes and dislikes. Then you have a place to start from.
Second question: What are you planning to use them for, and have you had a chance to check both uppers baseline performance? You may not want to add anything, or you may find one or both not living up to your standards, which I am guessing are pretty high based on what you said about your background.
Look forward to your observations. Also what manufacturer(s) are they?
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Siscowet.
9 years 3 months ago #43922

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic New Member Introductions!

:welcome: FNG? maybe to the site I guess but sounds and looks like you have some experience with a .308!
Only suggestion I can give would be shoot the shit out of them! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 3 months ago #43924

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic New Member Introductions!

Welcome Old18c look forward to your contributions to the site. I like the rifle set up on the bottom , are you still running a suppressor on that.
9 years 3 months ago #43925

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic New Member Introductions!

Welcome to the forum Old 18C.
Did You have any dis~Likes to the Burris scope ?
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 3 months ago #43934

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Old18C on topic New Member Introductions!

Libertarian623: I use the Surefire Can on a few different weapons (mostly 30 Cal) and the AR-10 often. I went with the surefire for lack of POI shift and weight.

MrMarty51: I like the Burris scopes and have a couple. The one shown I bought to put on my M-14 in 2003 to deploy to Iraq (and other places) and someone in the arms room while screwing with my gear dropped my rifle and damaged the scope. I shipped it back to Burris and they went out of their way to get it back to me. But not willing to take the chance of not having optics bought a IR Leopold that went on the M-14 and the Burris went to my M-16A2 (it arrived 5 days before deployment) for the Iraq and Africa trip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
9 years 3 months ago #43945

Old18C Thanks for the info on your setup. Look foward to learning some things from you.
9 years 3 months ago #43948

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!