Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Take Care of Your Backs Peoples

• Thank you received: 102

Take Care of Your Backs Peoples was created by MrMarty51

Through no choice of My own, after taking a flight, backwards when a step bench about 12-14 inches high flipped out from under Me, I flew about ten foot through the air, knew if I did`nt so something, that Mine head was going to take one heck of a hit so I sort of curled, saved Mine hed, landed on the left side of the lower back, left leag went instantly numb.
Throughout the course of the past six years or so, I have been suffering along with this condition. The Doc. kept saying He did`nt see anything that could be causing Me the klind of pain I was complaining about.
Well, now, it has finally happened, something has given way and moving around is an impossibility, in very musch pain, right now taking the maximum daily allowed amount of Tramadol and still in a lot of pain.
I am going to attempt a journey to Billings to the Docs. office, see if I can git this taken care of. I left a message at His nurses station at the clinic and got no answer, I will be trying again tomorrow.
If I am tolod that I can not get in for a while, I will show up in His waiting/reception area, check in then fall down on My way to a chair. That should get their attention. :rotfl: :sharkey:
Any ways, i~M~A too musch fudgicated to make musch sense so I`ll checumin whenum I canum.
Not that I make musch sense anyhowsum.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 3 months ago #34392

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Take Care of Your Backs Peoples

I feel for you brother, literally. I've been fighting back pain for a decade now. I've tried about everything but surgery. The drug Lyrica has done a pretty good job of taking the pain out of my leg, it still drags behind a little but it doesn't feel like something is pulling my leg off by my toes now. Traction treatment has given some relief but only temporary. The Chiropractor gave me some temporary relief but I think overall it made things worse. I use a TENS machine, when it really hurts, it gives you lots of little shocks that seem to ease the pain some, maybe more of a distraction. I had some spinal injections this last December, it hurt like hell at the time but seems to have given me more relief than anything else to date. I've been to a handful of Dr's over the years, some want to cut right away but most tell me the surgery I need is is pretty drastic so I should wait till we start noticing more dramatic nerve damage before taking that step, it has a low success rate anyway. I'd strongly suggest you avoid the narcotics as much as possible. They hooked me on Fentanyl a few years back, eventually it caused more discomfort than it helped. Getting off it was a real nasty ride that lasted months. I still have Vicodin prescribed but I NEVER take it two days in a row!
I'll pray you find some relief soon.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 3 months ago #34394

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Take Care of Your Backs Peoples

Man! Good luck with that Marty. I have had my share of back issues. Now I just live with the pain. Look at every alternativ to surgery is my advice. You can always have that, but it doesn't always work. Hang in there man.
10 years 3 months ago #34398

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Take Care of Your Backs Peoples

I know how you feel...mine has been shot for years...someday I won't even be able to walk upright...thank god for pain killers and Beer... :S
Good luck my Friend...
SASS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
10 years 3 months ago #34404

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Take Care of Your Backs Peoples

Ahhh back issues...how will I know and I suspect that JT knows also. Doc has me on some meds now that work for the FIRST time since the early 90's. Nothing has ever worked or what did had some many side effects I stopped taking.

Take care of yourself and let us know how this comes out we want to feeling good on here...
10 years 3 months ago #34405

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Take Care of Your Backs Peoples

Thank all of You for the well wishes. Very much appreciated.
The nurse called Me this morning. YAAAAAAAAaaaa, told me that they had a cancelation. YAAAAAAAAaaaaaa, told me I could`nt get in until next week BOOOOOOOOoooooo :rotfl:
I then told Her that I would be theree this afternoon, check into the emergency room, then My Doc. would have to drop everything He is doing and had scheduled and come and attend to Me. :rotfl:
The nurs then said, Let Me check, it was last night when I checked for cancellations and there was that one, OH YEAH, WE HAD A CANCELLATION COME IN THIS MORNING, YOU CAN COME IN TOMORROW AFTERNOON AT 2:30PM YAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa. :rotfl:
Will have to wait until I see the Doc. before I will know what is going to happen.
I`ll keep You posted.
Probably will have to stay the night in Billings, but, that is just a guess, getting in that late, then if He wants an MRI or some kind of a scan, I might not get in for those until Thursday.
10 years 3 months ago #34423

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Take Care of Your Backs Peoples

Pretty safe bet they will need an MRI, if they don't take one then they can only guess. I have a hell of a time keeping still while flat on my back, take the Valium if offered, it beats starting the thing over because of a muscle spasm!
Sure hope they can find some relief for you, best of luck!
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 3 months ago #34429

Thank You all for the get better greetings.
Thank You too for the tip about the valium stuff to JT.
The X-Rays showed no fragments of bone or shrapnel floating around.
The Docs. diagnosis, after pushing, pulling, lifting, jerking and yanking, come back as a blowed out disk.
Now awaiting for approval from State Fund for the MRI, then probably will come to having another approval for the surgery, should be all done before the month is through. I hope.
Until then, You will probably see the post count go down a bit, from Me, it just hurts too much to sit for very long at a time.
I Thank everyone again for their support.
10 years 3 months ago #34471

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Take Care of Your Backs Peoples

Marty, I have blown out three in my life, fortunately no nerve damage so I have avoided surgery. Keep us informed, and good luck.
10 years 3 months ago #34476

You are a very fortunate Man, to not have had any nerve damage.
I`m`a praying I do`nt tooooh. :rotfl:
I know I got some in My head but that`s beside the point. :drool: :banghead: :cowboy:
10 years 3 months ago #34624

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!