Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Draft over 60

• Thank you received: 547

Draft over 60 was created by Siscowet

Read this, had to pass it on.

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track downterrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got thewhole thing ass-backwards.
Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to takeus old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're atleast 35.

For starters, researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a month, leaving usmore than 280,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a crankysoldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired andhungry.' We are bad-tempered and impatient, and maybe letting us kill someasshole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us upfor a while..

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10am. Old guysalways get up early to pee, so what the hell. Besides, like I said, I'm tiredand can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanaticalson-of-a-bitch.

If captured we couldn't spill the beansbecause we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial numberwould be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys.. We're used to gettingscreamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed anappreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get outof the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however... I've beenin combat and never saw a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side,nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too...I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's stilllearning to shave, to start a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn'tfigured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back ofhis head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kidsat home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm'sway.

Let us old guys track down those terrorists. The last thing anenemy would want to see is a couple millionpissed off old farts with bad attitudes and automatic weapons, who know thattheir best years are already behind them.

HEY!! How about recruiting Women over 50...in menopause!!! You thinkMEN have attitudes??
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my God!!! If nothing else, put them on border patrol.They'll have it secured the first night!

Send this to all of your senior friends...it's in big type so theycan read it.

:busted:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Libertarian623, NightForce
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Siscowet.
9 years 7 months ago #42313

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Draft over 60

Sisco, you and I are on the same page! :rotfl:
9 years 7 months ago #42314

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Ranchwagon on topic Draft over 60

Where do I sign up. Gas smells don't bother us anymore either.
9 years 7 months ago #42319

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic Draft over 60

:rotfl: I think you old folks would be well suited for century posts... not for offensive stuff. I wouldn't like to see old folks using their rifles as cranes on a patrol
9 years 7 months ago #42320

Old people can be very offensive. Just ask to pull one's finger.
9 years 7 months ago #42321

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic Draft over 60

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
9 years 7 months ago #42322

Replied by Siscowet on topic Draft over 60

We are used to gas warfare, that is a plus. Besides I can be as offensive as anybody. Plus if I pull sentry duty, I want a Ma Deuce, a Tow Launcher, and a couple of Carl Gustavs for good measure. I like loud noises cause with my hearing aids out I can't hear them anyway.
:whistle: :woohoo: :rotfl:
9 years 7 months ago #42325

While I no longer care much about how well my gun works, I can assure you my rifle and pistol work perfectly. I no longer have fits of anger, I just stay angry.

All bone............er...........bonuses.
9 years 7 months ago #42326

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Draft over 60

You can go the PMC route, experience is needed by these companies. I have plans to go this route in a few years as part of my retirement. I will stay in some operational capacity for as long as I am physically able. I think it is possible for me to stay operational form into my late fifties early sixties, barring a severe injury. I can still max out the PFT for someone half my age. And if you can't stay operational you can still contribute in a training capacity. So there are many ways to contribute to the effort.
9 years 7 months ago #42335

Replied by Siscowet on topic Draft over 60

If my personal experience is normal. I have found that the effect of age on my body between. 60 and 65 is twice what it was between 50 and 60. I am guessing it will continue to multiply as I get older unfortunately. But it beats the alternative.
9 years 7 months ago #42336

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!