Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

The Legalities of Shooting People

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic The Legalities of Shooting People

Just some thoughts on evacuating loved ones. 1 they may not be even aware that there is a problem . You need to have a single word for alerting them that they are in danger, and to listen up and follow direction. Ours is simply Danger. Do not stop moving, distance is your only assured safety. If this can not be accomplished, you may have to delegate the next in line to continue the evac while you stand your ground. But they must be ready to follow this direction. Only by talking about this before hand will this take place, my children understand these simple rules.
Obviously you can't walk around at condition red all the time, but if you simply spend some time doing these exercises your chances of survival are greatly increased. Train Hard. And don't get yourself into bad situations to begin with. Sorry for the sermon/rant brothers/sisters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Libertarian623.
9 years 4 months ago #43418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic The Legalities of Shooting People

It is nothing new. Rudyard Kipling described it as "Kim's game" in his books on 19th century British India. As boy scouts we had to play it and it does make you more aware of all the little things in your environment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
9 years 4 months ago #43427

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic The Legalities of Shooting People

I believe that it's a good idea to be aware of your situation, and the location, appearance, and apparent intent of the other actors. While going about your business move so as to keep them in your field of vision, not behind you. I see lots of people talking to themselves, but mostly they're yacking on their phone.

It is also a good idea to be vigilant while driving. Don't get blocked in if it is at all possible. Keep your doors locked at all times and the windows mostly up. Keep a pencil and pad handy in case you need to make notes. Remember that vastly more people are killed or injured by automobiles than firearms, and if push comes to shove you are driving a weapon.
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
9 years 4 months ago #43431

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!