Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Pulled the trigger

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Pulled the trigger

Anyone have any experience with these .308 Bullpups and their accuracy?

The AWC G2 is a bullpup sniper rifle configuration produced in the early 1990s by AWC Systems Technology. USA

The Stealth Recon Scout (SRS) is bolt-action sniper rifle developed by the American firearm manufacturer Desert Tactical Arms. USA

The Kel-Tec RFB (Rifle, Forward-ejection, Bullpup) USA

M89SR sniper rifle is a gas operated semi-automatic sniper rifle, produced by Technical Consultants International (TCI), an Israeli

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bullpup_firearms
9 years 1 week ago #44791

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Pulled the trigger

I certainly don't and like most I just overlooked them. When talk about them what comes out is ergonomics, it don't fit, difficult to use and other things like lack of accuracy and they look funny.

The ergo on the AR platform is good and easy to use, most of all its quick to get proficient...KEY for a Infantry soldier. Here is where the Tavor shines. IWI is the company that was created to produce arms for the IDF. The result is the soldier was brought into the game at the git-go. The ergo of the Tavor is there. From the first time I picked it up it felt right.

As for lack of accuracy, its a battle gun and its effective, no need to say more. Want more accuracy then buy a sniper rifle.

Would not say it looks funny, looks different, looks good.

Not sure how it would work in a .308 config. .308 packs a LOT of power and takes a stout gun frame to handle it properly...
9 years 1 week ago #44795

Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by JustMe.
9 years 1 week ago #44797

Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by OleCowboy.
9 years 1 week ago #44798

Now that is awesome. How in the world did you get invited to something like that?

You passed on the BP? I thought you said you pulled the trigger which meant to me that you bought one. I guess you literally meant you just shot one.
9 years 1 week ago #44800

What I meant was I passed on the BP's over the many years they have been around like everyone else. It was not till I went to IWI last year and got some playtime that I gave it consideration.

My wife is very involved in the NRA, she is friends with Susan LaPierre and many others. FYI women play a key role in the NRA, my wife is on the Women's Leadership forum and def runs in the right circles. We traveled over to Israel with NRA past President David Keen (he is in the pic to the right of Samy Katsav) and Joe Gregory, Chairman of the Ring of Freedom of which I am a member and we also have Ambassador John Bolton along with us. There was less than 20 of us that spent 2 weeks over there on what was the most incredible trip of my life. We were guarded by Navy SEALS and IDF SF. The SEALS were plainclothes and the IDF SF folks were in full battle rattle, armed and showing.
9 years 1 week ago #44802

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Pulled the trigger

Most of the complaints I've seen blame lack of accuracy on the crappy triggers. Some of this comes from the associated linkage, but in the case of the AUG it's something else:

See emptormaven.com/2011/03/aug-and-msar-trigger-improvements/ for original article.

I just now found out that Geissele makes a replacement trigger pack for the Tavor!

geissele.com/super-sabra-trigger-tavor.html

Granted the stock AUG trigger is the pits, but here's what my boy shot with our bone stock AUG A3 NATO.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I replaced the stock AUG sear with a 2020 Precision TSM and that improved the trigger quite a bit. I'm going to trot out to the range Saturday and see if I can improve the group.
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
9 years 1 week ago #44808

That's a nice group for kneeling at 100 yds. I assume those are 1 inch squares?

I wonder what it will do off bags and using tuned reloads?
9 years 1 week ago #44822

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Pulled the trigger

They are 1 inch squares. I see 4 in the bull, 8 in the white, and two fliers at +1 left and - 1.25 left. Not too shabby for a rifle that everybody dings as inaccurate.

The kid is a natural, I've been training him since he was 8 years old. He isn't clued in to situational awareness and threat management quite yet, but is single minded when it comes to firearms handling.

The stock AUG trigger pack sucks big time (but a trained person _*CAN*_ shoot that group). The 2020 Precision TSM seems to have cleaned the trigger issues up quite a bit, and I'm anxious to put that to the test. 2020 also offers a complete steel replacement trigger module for the AUG based on the AR-15 trigger module that's supposed to be the cat's meow, and I am now one year into the estimated 2 year wait to get one. :-|
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
9 years 1 week ago #44824

Take lots of pics of you shooting so we can see the fit, etc. Looking forward to seeing how accurate it is with the new trigger and off bags and your ergonomics range report. I've been thinking about purchasing a .308 BP for many years and still am not confident enough in a choice to purchase one.

Good shooting, Jer
9 years 6 days ago #44831

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!