Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

full auto is popular in Vegas

• Thank you received: 67

full auto is popular in Vegas was created by foxhunter

So after my wife and I spent a week traversing the entire length of the north rim of the Grand Canyon in our off-road RV on dirt roads or no roads, we ended up in Vegas , where my daughter and her husband from north Tx and my son and his wife from southern Cal flew in and met us there. There was a place a block from their hotel where you could pay to shoot full auto guns. I took them down there and it was pretty cool. They had pretty much every automatic made since WW ll and before that were under 50 cal, along with assorted bolt action military rifles and handguns. My son in law shot a BAR, my daughter some Russian thing and a Garand, my son and I shot the SCAR H in 308 and my wife shot the M4. Of all the stuff we did in Vegas, this was the highlight of my kids' trip.
In talking to the range attendant helping us, he said the vast majority of the people they get are people from Europe or Asia who often have never fired any kind of firearm. Indeed several families were in there, all speaking different languages. A Swiss family of 10 in line in front of me paid $2500 in cash to shoot. Everyone in the place was smiling and it was over an hour wait to shoot on one of their 15 or so shooting lanes.
Places like this may be some of our best ambassadors for introducing people to firearms and the fun of shooting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai
8 years 11 months ago #45022

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic full auto is popular in Vegas

It should be required that at least every state have a place to shoot as you have described :nicethread:
AKAI
The following user(s) said Thank You: foxhunter
8 years 11 months ago #45024

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic full auto is popular in Vegas

Sounds like a pretty good business model as well!
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 11 months ago #45026

One that I will be looking into hopfully, applied for the FFL- 2 weeks ago and waing for the meeting with the ATF. First the Gun shop (GUNS N THINGS, LLC) then gun shows, web site and then indoor shooting range.
That would be so cool to have the capablities to shoot fullauto at anytime.
Anyone out there have any info on indoor shooting ranges?
Might have to start with CMP air rifle matches!
AKAI
8 years 11 months ago #45027

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic full auto is popular in Vegas

Better meet with your Insurance man or better still try to find one, it won't be cheap, got some friends who looked into this and changed their minds on it. Drawback, they had a good piece of land way out there here in Texas. There is not a hospital in the COUNTY where they own there land.
8 years 11 months ago #45043

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic full auto is popular in Vegas

What kind of rig do you have?

I have a F 350 crew cab, long bed, dually 4x4 with a Arctic Fox Camper on it...
8 years 11 months ago #45044

Looks like were all getting a little off track on the original post. So, when I get time I'll just start a new thread on what I have going on.
Yes your right OleCowboy Insurance :banghead: I'm working with some very gun friendly people for finacing, C.C., advertising and of course the dreaded Insurance, that's a call I'm not looking forward to making. Vegas would be a prime location, but middle of NE? First things first though, going to take it slow and do it right the first time.
AKAI
8 years 11 months ago #45047

Replied by foxhunter on topic full auto is popular in Vegas

[quote="OleCowboy" post=45044What kind of rig do you have?

I have a F 350 crew cab, long bed, dually 4x4 with a Arctic Fox Camper on it...[/quote]

2003 Unimog u500 with Global Expedition Vehicles body built on it in 2012.
full time 4 wheel drive with three locking diffs.Michelin military tires. pic attached
8 years 11 months ago #45048

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic full auto is popular in Vegas

Foxhunter, now that is a Real Man's RV! How does it ride on the highways?
8 years 11 months ago #45056

Replied by foxhunter on topic full auto is popular in Vegas

Has air ride seats, and is very comfortable. top speed is limited to 70 due to the tires. top is covered with solar panels, carries 125 gal water, and the solar will run my microwave and frig 24/7. Never have to use the back up generator.
8 years 11 months ago #45063

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!