Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

full auto is popular in Vegas

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic full auto is popular in Vegas

:twothumbs: Nice Thanks for the picture :twothumbs: :twothumbs:
AKAI
The following user(s) said Thank You: foxhunter
8 years 11 months ago #45065

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic full auto is popular in Vegas

WOW, what a rig...

Since you own one, gonna have to tell this story...

There we were down in the Sonoran desert of Mexico, S of AZ border and we come across a guy in a Uni all set up. He has a friend with him and we stop by to exchange hello's and how are you's...well the how are you part is not so good. He is in a Uni club out of Ca and they had run over to the Sonoran and Sea of Cortez for a week of fun. But some part on his Uni gave up the ghost on him. What ever it was it had to be found and FEDX'd to Tucson where his wife had gone to await the package. The rest of the club had all headed W to Ca to jobs. His one Buddy had taken wife to Tucson or someplace in AZ to wait the package, then call on satellite fone where he would come get her and return with her and part in tow.

He was now almost 2 weeks into his 1 week vaca and was not happy...

This is far from rare in the out travel world, here is one to make you feel better"

One of my buddies out in Ca I went off road with, we were talking about the ability to extend our stay. I bought a Canadian Army M101 trailer (same as US Army Jeep 1/4 T trailer). He had never been in the Army like myself so he was not familiar with the trailer...which is still in use since 1941, the same trailer. Instead he picked one from a company I will not mention the name. I paid $800 bucks FOB Phoenix AZ for mime and he paid somewhere N of $15k, for what is basically the same trailer (its based upon the US Army trailer).

One big difference: His used a proprietary suspension that was FAR Superior to the old outdated leaf spring...yea.

I come across him on his first day and my last day out in S ca off roading. We were on a last run before leaving in the am and we are about as far from the trail head as we can get to see an old homestead that dated way back. The trail is narrow and who do I come across but him sitting there on the side of the trail. (we originally had planned on meeting for the week but his club went the week following us). I ask if I can help and he is LIVID to say the least. There he sits with a part of the magic proprietary suspension broken. They had taken his wife into the nearest town to call the company to get a new part...like so many very small companies, they shut down for trade shows, vaca and do so completely. Well they were closed for 2 weeks.

I talked with him later and he ended up spending almost 3 weeks out there in fact it was 3 weeks to the day before he got back, all for a part small enough to fit it a Fedx mail box.
8 years 11 months ago #45070

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic full auto is popular in Vegas

Yep. The U500 is designed to be an implement carrier or essentially a 280 hp tractor. Very dependable. But, when something breaks its gonna take awhile to get the parts and very few people in the country know how to work on them. Freightliner sold them from 2002 to 2007, but most Freightliner shops no longer have mechanics certified to work on them and none own the STAR diagnostic system, to help identify the problem. Some guys with them carry their own Star diagnostic system in their rig. Only about 174 of these trucks were sold in the US and Canada.On the other hand, if you cross into Mexico or Central/South America, they are very common and most truck shops can work on them.
8 years 11 months ago #45073

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic full auto is popular in Vegas

You should check out these guys. They have been at it for 10 years, I almost bought one, wife said yes, but could not do a Jeep build, so I opted for the Jeep build and slept in my Jeep. But that Jeep would go ANYWHERE!

Not sure what happened to my post???

earthroamer.com

and

In pictures: Rubber, metal and mud at Overland Expo West 2015

www.gizmag.com/overland-expo-2015-photos/37609/pictures#75
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by OleCowboy.
8 years 11 months ago #45078

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!