Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Nickel Boron BCG

• Thank you received: 1

Nickel Boron BCG was created by JUICE9269

I would like to say hello to everyone as this is my introductory post to this site. I'm looking for information on reputable Nickel Boron BCG's. I'm not looking to start an argument or a pissing match between members. Simply, I have no experience or knowledge of what brands are good to look for in Nickel Boron BCG's. I'm guessing that like most components, only a few companies produce these and they are sold by a number of retailers.

I would like to know what to look for as I've seen different listings for components of the BCG. I'm not familiar with all the terms/lingo, so please feel free to go in depth in any description. I've tried to do some research but there seem to be so many places selling them, I'm not sure what to look for. I've seen different grades of steel, some say mil-spec which I figure is better, some talk about being staked, pinned, grade 8 screws, etc. I want to get a quality BCG that I won't have issues with and that will cycle this rifle properly without flaw. This will be going on a Remington R-25 in 243 caliber which is based on a DPMS design rifle. The rifle is gas impingement, however, I own some gas piston rifles (Sig 308) that I'd be interested in getting a nickel boron BCG for as well. Any feedback on a piston BCG would be appreciated as well as I haven't found any yet.

This rifle was purchased as a retirement gift for my father as he has spoken for years about really wanting a 243 for a coyote gun and for deer hunting. He would never spend the money for this rifle. He's only recently become interested in the AR platform since I've purchased several of them. I want to deck this out and have a high quality, reliable firearm to give to him as a gift. I appreciate your time and thoughts on this topic as I want it to be something that he'll be able to count on reliably for use.

Thank you in advance for all help and information. God Bless!
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by JUICE9269.
9 years 11 months ago #37750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Nickel Boron BCG

Welcome..........the wonder coated bolt carrier groups have been known to cause more issues than the coating provides. Many flake and peel. Use a quality bolt carrier group, lube with Fireclean or simply soak the entire BCG in Slip 2000 carbon cutter or carburetor cleaner from GM or Ford dealer.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
9 years 11 months ago #37772

Replied by JUICE9269 on topic Nickel Boron BCG

What brands are good BCG's to get/look for? That's kind of where I'm at with this.
9 years 11 months ago #37793

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Nickel Boron BCG

What's wrong with the factory bits and pieces?
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 11 months ago #37796

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Nickel Boron BCG

Been looking at NiBor BCG...so far have not found a case for it. But if that is what you want lok at JP enterprises or young mfg.

ALL coatings wear! Been reading about magicked coatings all my life at best they are good starting out at worst they are not and only gum things up.
9 years 11 months ago #37807

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic Nickel Boron BCG

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, JUICE9269
9 years 11 months ago #37810

Just wanting the best, most efficient, cleanest running setup I can get, especially for my pops. I know he's not expecting this and when he gets it I want him to be happy, excited, and awestruck. He's always been there for me and has done more than he's had to in my life.

It's time he is taken care of and gets spoiled a little since he's never taken and spent the money on himself. He & my mom paid for my college and I wouldn't be where I'm at today without them. I want to treat them both & spoil them a little while life is still enjoyable. I'm not saying the original stuff is junk, I'm sure it's fine. For me, fine isn't good enough. The best doesn't always mean the most expensive though and I understand that. He also isn't the king of maintenance or preventative maintenance, so I want this stuff as durable and problem free as possible.
9 years 11 months ago #37811

How is the ion bond process different or better than nickel boron? Any experience with it? How long has this been around? Help me with science of it, the webpage you gave doesn't say much.
9 years 11 months ago #37812

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Nickel Boron BCG

www.ar10t.com/forums/armalite-ar-10/1269...n-bolt-coating#12802

Been through this before, thought it sounded familiar :pinch: Hope this helps :thumbs:
AKAI
9 years 11 months ago #37813

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Nickel Boron BCG

I sometimes think, "Boy, I wish Dad was here, He`d sure like this",
Good on You for wanting to do something nice for Your Dad.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 11 months ago #37820

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!