Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

gas piston conversion

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rnb873091 on topic Re:gas piston conversion

Yes I will post photos of both rifles when they come in and who knows I may even shoot them, I have so many systems that most of them are still in there boxes I have had a Brand new AR 10t 16" with every possible add on I can buy Leupold Mark 4 mid range scope with a side mounted Dr Optic red dot, Larue forearm installed at the factory a Wilson drop in trigger, Surefire forearm light, Lazer target marker, Surefire suppressor and on and on that has only been shot at the factory, I bought at the same time a LMT piston gun, Microtech Aug (2) and a LWRC m6A3 and the only one that has been shot is the LWRC because the old one looks beaten to death with using it as a training tool. Too many guns not enough time in a day I guess and that not counting getting ready to go to Africa in two years so I have been shooting both of my double rifles one 375 H&H and the other 450 NE every week and then I am forced to reload for them so I can shoot it all up the next weekend.
14 years 4 months ago #2633

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:gas piston conversion

For me, even knowing some of the problems, I just like the way they are set up. The side-charging handle, being a fan on the HK-91 (the first .308 I shot) and the free float hand-guard, and if you have the permit or License you can get one in full auto..and hey they just look sexy. I also like the way LWRC set up the bolt carrier key (or gas key as some call it), instead of this vertical nub sticking up, it uses the same design as the standard gas key, and I have read that they have beefed up the carrier to deal with the carrier tilt problem, might have been in a past post, but I did read that else where too. All in all I just would like to check one out some day, but I have no Plans to part with my AR-10.
RNB---if you need help shooting some of those, I would be glad to help you break them in.....LOL

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 4 months ago #2634

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:gas piston conversion

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I've got a new design but I'm going slow with it and hope to put all the shock on the barrel. Its going to be expensive to make but the test look good. It followes the idea of the M14 and 30 carbine with a twist.MSH
14 years 4 months ago #2645

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

I will be willing to buy one just let me known when you want the money and the gun will be in-route to you the next day you just can't tell my wife I am spending more money ton what she call another dammed gun, this looks cool
14 years 4 months ago #2656

I will be willing to buy one just let me known when you want the money and the gun will be in-route to you the next day you just can't tell my wife I am spending more money ton what she call another dammed gun, this looks cool
14 years 4 months ago #2657

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:gas piston conversion

Look its going to be a while because I'm going to test for all the things thats going wrong at base.MSH
14 years 4 months ago #2659

I can always open a box I haven't used and keep myself busy even though I will be in tears of of impatiences. RNB
14 years 4 months ago #2667

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by MsgtBill on topic Re:gas piston conversion

What about the Ruger SR-762 with dual pistons ?
10 years 3 days ago #37896

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!