Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

• Thank you received: 102

Why...do you like your ArmaLite.... was created by BUILDING MY SASS

I am in the process of writing a very interesting piece on why I believe in ArmaLite...I just wanted to hear what some others think of their ArmaLites and why...and I think the Company wouldn't mind hearing it either.....So what say you my fellow ArmaLiteians, why do you Like your ArmaLites..... B)
BUILDING MY SASS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 5 months ago #5847

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Amerikos on topic Re:Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

I own both the Super SASS and AR-10A4. I like the SASS because it can shoot under .5 MOA with Hornady TAP 168 gr. I like the AR-10 A4 because it can do close to the same and w/ scope weighs 4 pounds lighter ;)

Armalites are accurate, well made and a good price for the quality. I have thought about getting a KAC SR-25 to replace my Armalite Super SASS, but I don't think the SR-25 would shoot any better. So there is no point. I just wish Armalite made a C.O.P. for the AR-10 carbines like they do the M-15.
13 years 3 months ago #6506

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

Thanks for posting to this...
C.O.P...from what I gathered...be patient...they most likely will...I heard something about it...not for sure.
On the KAC...I have heard some really bad things from guys in the Army that used them...and for the civilian market...well, don't waist the $$$$. If an alternative or addition is what you want...I would say my next choice would have to be Noveske...or LWRC...
but Noveske you could use your lowers and mags...so you would have the best of both worlds...
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 2 months ago #6509

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re:Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

It's not that the SR25 is a bad rifle. It's an extremely well-made and very accurate SA precision gun. But the very things that made it accurate also made it problematic "in the field". The rifle is spec'd to very tight tolerances, which means very close clearances between moving parts. This leaves little room for the build up of debris or to let debris work itself away. The chamber also fouls quickly (even quicker when firing supressed), which led to numerous stoppages. This is not an indictment of KAC or of shoddy workmanship, they make some of the best ARs on the planet. It's just that the SR25 is/was a bench gun that got sent to war.

To keep my reply on topic, my AR10 replaced an ammo sensitive M1A Scout. I seriously considered LMT, LWRCi and KAC. I rejected DPMS because anytime friends call me with problems with their AR10 type rifles, it's usually a DPMS. But then I sat down and looked seriously at what I wanted in a new .308 stick. I wasn't going to be jumping from a moving aircraft at 800 ft AGL, hopping off a UH60 into a hot LZ, or clearing rooms in Sadr City with it. I wanted an accurate, well-made dependable rifle (don't we all.) I wanted a rifle that was easy to modify or upgrade. I chose Armalite because it represented the best value for the money. The only fly in the ointment is the cost of mags.

Leb
RLTW
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by LebbenB.
13 years 2 months ago #6736

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

I won't get into a bashing session...but for me...if it came to a KAC and a DPMS...I would buy a Daisy.... :laugh: :laugh: :dry:
BMS

13 years 2 months ago #6784

Replied by Amerikos on topic Re:Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

B) All I know is that I just got back from the range with my AR-10A4. It shot with a factory 16 inch bbl, 1.33 MOA at 100. For giggles I then brought it to 600. Dialed in and was swinging steel plates. I could buy 4 AR-10 A4 for the money it would cost to purchase 1 KAC EM SR-25 carbine. I am pleased with Armalite! ;)
13 years 2 months ago #6786

BUILDING MY SASS wrote:That wasn't my intent, either. My experiences with DPMS products are anecdotal and simply reflect my thought processes when selecting what flavor of Kool-aid to drink.

And I can't recommend the Daisy - you'll put your eye out with that thing, kid. :laugh:
RLTW
13 years 2 months ago #6790

Replied by ghillie in the mist on topic Re:Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

For me i think its a pride thing... and also knowing the history of the AR style rifle... yes the prices may be a little higher than some but I have never once had a problem with my ar10a4 .... and not the best at remembering to clean my guns after shoots... :ohmy:
13 years 2 months ago #6806

Replied by ghillie in the mist on topic Re:Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

Also i would like to see armalite... Come up with some new ideas... with something along the lines of the p90 and mp7... maybe get into the polymer pistols.... I just want to see them stay on top of the GAME>>> ........INNOVATION>>> that's the key...
13 years 2 months ago #6808

Cleaning is overrated anyways. Punch the bore, wipe it down, done. Now LUBE on the other hand...Proper lubrication is the key to happiness with any DI AR.
RLTW
13 years 2 months ago #6816

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!