Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

Very accurate with every type of ammo I've used, 1 moa and less. No failures, period. Things like chromed bores and chambers are standard. The tactical trigger is very nice, smooth and crisp. If you do have any issues the customer service reps don't give up till you say your satisfied, and that is a lifetime deal! Quality all around!
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 1 month ago #11101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Re: Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

Why do I like my Armalite? Because it's the finest rifle I've ever owned!

I had an HK-91 that I thought was pretty good. Then the new a4BF beat it into a cocked hat at the range. So I sold the 91 (its trigger sucked worms too) and got another 10, and never looked back.

Why do I like Armalite? Because!

Heh,
Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
12 years 1 month ago #11109

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Re: Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

I've been through them all at one time or another. Tried to do the poor man PSG-1 with an HK91 and ended up with a heavier, even more expensive, run of the mill rifle.
Didn't get that far into FALs before realizing I was not going to get what I want there either. Fun weapon, everyone should have one at least once in their life.
Then, tied up a fortune in M1As trying to make them into something they are not, and in my opinion will never be. If left with irons and used as originally configured, it is a fine rifle, But spending enough to buy a sass to bring it close to what an AR10 can already do, diminishing returns..

Just happened to catch an article about the SR25 in a gun rag and fired off a letter to KAC (it was the first I'd ever heard of them). only took about 10 months before I had a first gen SR25, sn in the 2k range. Firing pin broke during the first 200 rnds. KAC would not send me a firing pin, had to ship the whole weapon back, That took about 4 months. After another 1200ish rounds it started doubling because the trigger engagement surfaces were soft from having been "worked" by KAC. had to send it back again, this time about 7 months. KAC still owes me for mags I paid for back in 1992. Fortunately the SR25 hype made it easy to get my money back out of it. lesson learned- since I'm not spending a few million at KAC, I'm not a customer they care about. My brief exposure to the XM110 revealed KAC needs to leave triggers the hell alone, & still must send entire rifle in for operator level work. Did I mention they are pricks to deal with? some of this may have changed since then but I'll never find out.
It is accurate though.

Spotted an Armalite a fun show, mistook it for an SR25 but was curious about the green furniture. After talking to the dealer and fondling the weapon I went home with an A4. I was tickled about the M14 mag conversion because I already had so many. Scoped it, free floated it, Been in love ever since. Had a Model T in .243 and wish like hell I kept it.

Now I have a sass and could not more satisfied. you just can't go wrong with Armalite.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
12 years 1 month ago #11112

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic Re: Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

If the wife ever got so evil as to tell me I had to keep only one of my guns, well, she'd be on the curb with her luggage before she could think twice...but let's just say for the sake of this post that I decided to abide her, and I had to choose the one gun I could keep.
I would keep my AR-10 without a moment's hesitation or second thought, and with good reason...Consider the versatility of the .308 Winchester round, suitable for defense, offense, long range pin point accuracy, and the ability to aptly take pretty much any game animal in the Southern United States.Also consider that the AR-10, as the name implies, is an AR-type platform-which can host such a huge variety of user-installed components that it can be configured for virtually any application you could possibly think of, with the exception of bird hunting.
The combination of these two factors alone create a solid argument to favor that the AR-10 is perhaps the most versatile rifle ever created.

13fcolt, I hear you...to keep you up to date, KAC customer support still sucks right out loud...and it's only gotten worse. It would seem the Army has a long standing contract with KAC, and as such they aren't really too worried about who they piss off anymore...even the Army. During the last training event I participated in with the Army, we had a laundry list of issues we encountered with the M-110s, ranging from extreme deviations in muzzle velocities from shot to shot using ammo of the same lot numbers, to trigger issues, and even had a few guns that literally sheared off some of the lugs on the bolt. When we returned from the event, we had the unit armorer submit inquiries to KAC along with whatever forms armorers use to request maintenance on the broken guns. I still talk with my buddies in the unit, and they tell me that they still have yet to hear back from KAC about these issues.
12 years 1 month ago #11113

When I was a squirt I saw my dad take a duck on the wing with an SMLE Mk 3. Probably not the smartest thing he ever did, and the duck was a mess, but he did it.

Charlie
12 years 1 month ago #11114

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Re: Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

I'm curious why I never hear about these issues from the MK11 mod~ whatever the Navy guys get. That's why we were excited to get the 110s, thinking that the bugs had been worked out. We got 3 110s to deploy with and none of them made it through the ranges.
Maybe KAC is run by navy dudes or something.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
12 years 1 month ago #11115

I'm thinking it's because the only people in the Navy that would use sniper rifles is SEALs, and the SEALs stuff them into a locker as soon as they get them and use their "Specwar Powers" to "acquire" the guys they really want.
12 years 1 month ago #11116

Heh! I figure all they gotta do is think bad thoughts about somebody, and he turns brown and curls up at the edges. B)

Charlie
12 years 1 month ago #11118

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: Why...do you like your ArmaLite....

Is that how they hit those Somali pirates from one boat to another? Thats one shot we never tried when I was a Ranger, but then I don't remember even hearing the word collateral damage let alone have anyone say to avoid it. Seems like they are turning our elite guys into cops instead of the grim reapers they used to be.
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by jtallen83. Reason: spelling!
12 years 1 month ago #11120

Jtallen, AMEN to that! Seems like these days, the SEALs have bypassed the cop phase and gone straight to movie star, what with all of the publicity surrounding the Bin Laden hit, the rescue over in Somalia (it was Somalia, right?)And the Act of Valor movie. I've heard that some of the top brass within the Special Ops community are none too pleased about all of the spotlighting going on with them SEAL fellers.

But to get bck on topic, I love my ArmaLite because it rocks balls...enough said!
12 years 1 month ago #11123

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!