Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Upgrading M14 mags..........

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Upgrading M14 mags..........

Welcome to the site....if I may...Dude...not all of us are rich...I make less than most...most of my stuff is on CCs...but I can say...it is worth it to save up and get the Gen ll mags...but I give you an A for working it out and doing what you need to do...a sign of a survivor....
I know Crux modified a M-14 30 round mag once...never did hear how it turned out...
maybe he could help with any issues you might run into....
Nice job on the doing it the old fashioned way...if you need it...make it work...you must come from farming background or roots....my uncle taught me alot when I was a kid being on the farm over the summer....;)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 2 months ago #6887

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Upgrading M14 mags..........

Upgrade M14 mags sucks. It's trivial to upgrade the mag body. The devious part is making a tongue that pokes out of the follower for the BHO.

That requires building a spring loaded pin into the bottom of the follower, which on the ghetto M14 knockoff mags I acquired, the metal was too thin and weak to do much with. If you had access to some old Armalite custom followers, or perhaps had the means to make a more substantial floor plate, you could do it.

That said, if you don't mind your bolt just whacking into the follower after the last round and hanging half open, the 30 round M14 mag I built still works.

Given the time and annoyance I suggest buying Gen II mags.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by crux.
13 years 2 months ago #6895

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

I still want to see you do that to a 100 round Beta Mag for the M-14...that is so Sick....:laugh:
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 2 months ago #6906

I have a couple of 10 round GEN 2s I would sell you for $50 + shipping...I have four..only need two...for when I am taking my time...or working up loads...
Let me know...send me a note..and we will talk if you want them....
BMS

13 years 2 months ago #6907

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!