Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

New AR 10 A2 jamming

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Re:New AR 10 A2 jamming

I have been using the Federal 150 gr. ammunition that I had purchased from our local hardware store.
I looked at the boxes before purchasing and the ones I`m using are labeled "Big Game" and they have been cycling real well in My AR10,If You look at the box end there will be a picture or icon of a large deer.
These cartriges are labeled 2820 for muzzle velocity and 2650 for energy which should be about ideal for cycling the AR10 rifles.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
15 years 1 week ago #1299

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Scaup58 on topic Re:New AR 10 A2 jamming

I'm shooting handloaded 125 gr. Speer TNTs out of my A2C with no problems extracting. I'm seeing about 2780 fps. with my 16" barrel. I did have two failures to feed out of one of my mags but the mag wasn't fully seated, otherwise, about 35 rounds, no issues. Even my starting loads, about 150 fps slower, cycled fine. I use Milcom T25 grease on my moving parts. This rifle has maybe 200 rounds through it.
15 years 1 week ago #1303

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:New AR 10 A2 jamming

I also had this problem with my A4 C. I called ArmaLite and talked to the armorer, being mine was brand new, they took care of the problem under warranty. I had to send it in, turn around time, 2 weeks, they re-built my bolt.
How old is it. they have a life time warranty.
It does sound like the extractor.
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 11 months ago #1343

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by jon on topic Re:New AR 10 A2 jamming

finally got the chance to shoot my dpms 308t and my bushmaster ar 15 poured the oil to them the 20 w 50 synthetic stick better than regular gun oil, no problems at all not a sinle misfire picked up and ejected perfect. Guess it wasnt enough oil, glad it works now.
14 years 8 months ago #1824

Jon be careful using oil, it can saturate the ammo not to mention the possibility of fire, not much but a chance,
Here is a link to the stuff that I have been using
www.mil-comm.com/
this stuff is the greatest and it is endorsed by a number of manufacturers, including ArmaLite and Dillon. You also can get it through MidWay USA.
www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=573734
you can also get a bigger size if needed.
Or if you want to keep it simple, use axle grease, but ditch the motor oil.
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 8 months ago #1827

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Ronny B on topic Re:New AR 10 A2 jamming

Hey Guys,
Is it just me or does anybody else have the expectation that a weapon that cost over $1000 should function flawlessly fresh out of the box. I shouldn't have to pick and choose ammo and tinker with it just to get it to fire more than 2 in a row.If I had to use it to defend myself I have to use it like a single shot rifle. I'm to the point that I can't even sell mine till It will function for the buyer??. Tech support tells me to check/do different things and (maybe) after 500 rnds. it will function. I'm very frustrated, any other advice???
14 years 8 months ago #1842

Hi RB, welcome to the club, I know what you mean, and I am sure MSH will probably get in on this one. I really know, the first 20 rnds I put through mine had me so pissed off.
I sent it back for repairs, and yes if I would have had to depend on it I would have been (**&*^%) in trouble. There is some truth to what MSH has said, OK alot. Mine has worked great since I got it back. On the 500 rounds, most weapons have a break in period, so, what your manual says is mainly for a match rifle, but do follow it some what for a regular on at least for 200, which for an AR-10 does not take long to blow off.
AS for the advice, what seem to be the issue, other than it is being a pain in the but.
BMS

14 years 8 months ago #1847

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by asleepinthealley on topic Re:New AR 10 A2 jamming

I'd be careful about using heavy lubes and grease on firearms in colder climates. I've had failures to feed and gone back to ATF. I've been using ATF for years and never had a problem. I do use it sparingly in the winter.
8 years 4 months ago #46723

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Re:New AR 10 A2 jamming

Good thoughts,....keep in mind, this thread os OVER six years old!
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 4 months ago #46724

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!