Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

m110 in 300 WM

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: Of Umlauts and 'ss' tsetts

Das war Leicht! Seriously, I had never thought of doing that, thanx!

Barrel life is dictated by four things - type & quality of steel, barrel profile, method of rifiling, and the projectile. Belted magnums, by their very nature - heavy bullets with an equally heavy powder charge - are hard on barrels. High quality barrel steel and cold hammer forged rifling help mitigate this wear by making the barrel "harder." A heavier bull or target barrel is better for heat dissapation than a sporter profile. Barrel treatments like nitrocarburation/melonite and ion bonding also help get more life out of the barrel.

I went to the OLR website and looked in the FAQs. They're claiming 2000-4000 rounds for their .50 cal barrels with similar life for 338 Lap Mag. If the rifle is going to be a dedicated hunting stick, then that would be fine. If it's for competition or..."long range pest control," if you will, most shooters would get a season out of it before wanting to rebarrel. As it is, IMO, 2-4 K is being pretty generous.
RLTW
12 years 10 months ago #7855

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by dez1157 on topic Re: m110 in 300 WM

gentelmen i have two 7mm mag ar10,s 1 in 7mmwsm 1 in 284 win. both are sub .500
the 7mmwsm pushes a 140 @3200 the 284 pushes a 140 @3020
problem with the 7mmwsm is does not double stack well in the mag.20 rd mag only holds 14.mag only feeds from left side.bolt face had to be opened up increceing bolt .not a bad gun! just not one i would bet my life on.
the 284 on the outher hand i would!it will feed any thing i shove in it. and has yet to jam.the only draw back with this one is only winchester makes brass and to get the most out of it you must reload.only comerical ammo is 150 soft point from winchester. when working with a ar10 mag oal is 2.80
i built both of these rifles a few yars ago along with a couple of 308,s the 284
is my favorite
dez
12 years 7 months ago #8578

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic m110 in 300 WM

Thread-necro.... not an AR 300WM, but a few years back I was killing an hour in one of my LGSs and came across one of these "used" beasts in 300WM BOSS w/an ultra dot:
www.browning.com/products/catalog/firear...001B&cid=035&tid=007

Have not regretted that purchase one iota.
11 years 2 weeks ago #22006

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!