Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Is my new AR10A4 "B" a BIG mistake?

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Is my new AR10A4 "B" a BIG mistake?

And that's an odd thing??

By the way, it hasn't ALWAYS been like that. Heck, when I was little, my mother wouldn't let me play with matches -

so the other me's had to hold lil tiny flashlights... :laugh:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 5 months ago #14403

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Is my new AR10A4 "B" a BIG mistake?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

What did Bud's say to taking it back? I'm sure they want a happy customer and AR-10's are hard to come by often having a several week and/or month backorder. Unless you're going to shoot super long range and/or want a match trigger the rifle you bought is still going to be great rifle.

Hope you find your happiness.
11 years 5 months ago #14408

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Harry Moto on topic Is my new AR10A4 "B" a BIG mistake?

I didn't ask. The folks at the gun shop were resigned to shipping it back, but were delighted when I came back and told them I'd accept it. They just didn't want to hassle with the return, they're remodeling the shop so are pretty busy.

Bud's may or may not have accepted a return, in my mind they shouldn't have to. One thing I was thinking about when I figured out my mistake; an AR10B in the hand is more of a sure thing than an AR10A out there somewhere... The reason I jumped now is still in play, and with the recent tragedy they are probably going to move fast before people come to their senses.

At this point I'm just trying to come to terms with the mod process for the M14 magazines I ordered from Wideners. They will be here tomorrow, my Friday, so this weekend I want to get them running. I actually signed on to do some research, but stopped by here on the way.

Regarding MagPul, I've never used a Magpul magazine in a 308, but I have some of them. Figured I'd go ahead and get some, was planning to use them in the AR and also planned to convert my 308 bolt gun to take them. My AR-15's all live on Magpul, all my USGI stuff just sits on the shelf anymore. In my opinion, yes, the Magpul's are that much better. Those aluminum magazines will probably get sold if more ridiculous magazine restrictions get passed...
Knowledge is know a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad.

Awaiting my AR10A4BF, due this Friday.
USAF Veteran * Life member of the NRA
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Harry Moto. Reason: Addition
11 years 5 months ago #14452

Dude! That's SO Wrong!! :naughty:

Mine just have to wait their turn.. :whistle:

11 years 5 months ago #14453

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Is my new AR10A4 "B" a BIG mistake?

I am a big believer in the Pmag. Although I have never used the 30cal mags either. I a gave a pmag to the guys in my platoon for Christmas in iraq. After telling them about all the hype and claims we did out own test, ran over them, ran them in a 249, They do beat the crap out of GI mags.
But I'm the other way. All my GI mags are what I use for range work and the Pmags are preserved for "later".
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 5 months ago #14459

I hadn't considered that... I'm using the Pmags 'cause they work so good, but then saving lesser mags for a 'rainy day' seems kind of dumb! Dang it!!

I'd invest in more Pmags, but it looks like everybody is completely out of stock. Too late, hold on to what 'cha got!

11 years 5 months ago #14489

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by wolfeel13 on topic Is my new AR10A4 "B" a BIG mistake?

So are you saying you use a pmag in your "B" ? I talked with Armalite and they told me you could only use the pmags in the A. B uses the proprietary mags. I was at a gun show today and a guy told me you could buy m14 mags and send them to armaalite and they would mod them and they would work in your 10.. Im pretty new with my new 10 but diggin it!! any feed back greatly appreciated. Good luck!
11 years 4 months ago #15018

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Is my new AR10A4 "B" a BIG mistake?

No, he is saying he wanted an A model and got a B by mistake. His dilemma was that he had already invested in Pmags for it, but I think it is all cleared up now.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 4 months ago #15019

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by wolfeel13 on topic Is my new AR10A4 "B" a BIG mistake?

Roger. didnt mean to hijack the topic. just interested in mag compatability. Good luck!
11 years 4 months ago #15020

Thanks, 13fcolt, you covered it. I've been pretty busy, just caught up my email and saw the activity here.

The M14 mags work fine, but only after mods. I've got the pictures, am planning a short 'how to' or at least a 'what needs done' post. Obviously haven't gotten to it yet, but hope to kick it out next week. I modded 4 of the stainless 20 round Checkmate magazines and they all work just fine, except that they don't engage the bolt catch after the last round. Working on it! (as time allows...)

11 years 4 months ago #15052

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!