Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

What are these light colored splotches???

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic What are these light colored splotches???

Was she Well lubed.... :huh: :dry:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :wave: :cowboy:
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
11 years 2 months ago #17157

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic What are these light colored splotches???

Don't even THINK of discussing what to do when your barrel heats up. I sincerely hope that you are impressed with the benevolence and generosity of our forum members to help your rifles difficult medical condition.
11 years 2 months ago #17166

• Thank you received: 25

Replied by bipe215 on topic What are these light colored splotches???

Hey Guys,

My AR10T was in the same shooting rest as Keefer T's last weekend. Is this 'Gun Herpes' contagious?

Washing my hands and awaiting a reply,

Steve
11 years 2 months ago #17170

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic What are these light colored splotches???

Sharkey and Ol Cowboy will be asking for both of your guns to be sent to their new extended care rest ranch and rifle range for some intense therapy and quarantine, please include a couple hundred rounds of .308/7.62x51 when you send them, for therapy and recertification purposes. They will get them back to you in two, maybe three years as good as new. They have hired me as their marketing manager for this important therapeutic venture. Shark and Cowboy, who's President and who"s VP? :bow:
11 years 2 months ago #17179

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic What are these light colored splotches???

Actually, sending them to Cowboy is senseless. This is a severe condition and the cold weather in RI will help to contain the spread of the disease. Heat is baaaad - I mean, look where Moby IS for gosh sakes. This stuff is obviously rampant down south...

Play it safe guys. I spotted it first, I diagnosed it correctly and Cowboys theory of long term rehab is just crazy. It needs cold storage and total isolation. I would say by the severity of the case in the photo, well, it's gonna be a total loss so just box it up and get it to me NOW so it doesn't infect the rest of your weapons...

Oh goodness me yes...

Oh, and don't worry about me. Self sacrifice is what being a mod is all about sometimes. I'm fully joined... :thumbs:

PM sent. Thread closed.
11 years 2 months ago #17186

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic What are these light colored splotches???

Her problem was she was a looker and daddy had a lot of money. She was a model for a very famous clothing designer, used to having and getting what she wanted she was at the 'insane' level of jealous...I had gone down to the grocery store to pickup something for a BBQ that afternoon. I come out of the store, rain had stopped and I see the blue of sky breaking out. Car wash across the street and I pull in and shove some quarters in the slow to wash off the mud and rain of the past few days. I get back to her place and she is gone, she shows up about 2 hours later after going to the grocery store, my place, my sisters place, and the woman is accusing me of running around on her with some old girlfriend (who is in fact was long since married). Nearly 6 mo of that crap and more I just said the hell with her, walked out the door singing 'thank God and Grey dog I am gone'
11 years 2 months ago #17189

And you guys are gonna send a sick rifle to THIS guy??? Oh goodness me nooooo.... :)
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 2 months ago #17190

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic What are these light colored splotches???

Soak it :rotfl: Keeping on subject :cowboy: I mean with your choice of oil, metal is porous the more it soaks the faster it will disappear, and yes this is normal for cast lowers.
AKAI
11 years 2 months ago #17191

I've actually never really paid that much attention to stuff like that on my rifles. If and when I see that kind of thing, I've always just figured it was oil sinking in or something and let it go. I just took a look at mine and although I don't see any now, I'm thinking if it WAS there, I probably just rubbed a bit more gun oil all around and evened it out.

Am I incorrect in doing this? I mean, a little oil splotch here or there isn't really going to DO anything anyway is it?

Or is this strictly a "my rifle has a blotch" and is ugly now, kinda thing?

(ps. Thanks Akai - I just took myself aside and gave myself a stern talking to over this entire affair.. :) )
11 years 2 months ago #17192

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Keefer T on topic What are these light colored splotches???

Thanks guys! I hope you are right. I wiped the entire receiver down with a fairly heavy coat of Hoppes gun oil this morning and let it soak all day. I just wiped off what was left and it looked good. Time will tell. It may take a few more treatments.

Who knows, maybe Hoppes has a little penicillin in it - lol
11 years 2 months ago #17193

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!