Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Dented Brass

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Dented Brass

Thanks my Friend...I do stop in every day...and check on things..
I guess I just don't have much to post... :unsure: :dry: :cowboy: :whistle:
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
10 years 11 months ago #23847

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by 10before15 on topic Dented Brass

I've found this to be common among many of the AR10 users I know including myself for about the first 100-200 rounds. A "standard" break in along side a very thorough cleaning aand I think you'll be good to go in no time. And without having to modify a thing. Just my :twocents: . Keep us posted!
10 years 11 months ago #23906

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Dented Brass

Yesterday we shot about 50 rounds down range at 200-yards and 300-yards. At 200 yards my best group was 4-inches at 300 yards it was about 7-inches. There was a variable wind of 5-10 mph at 90-degrees.

We tried to get on paper at about 450 yards but did not get a hit.

Sorry but we were running out of time so I didn't get any photos. We shot 168gr Remington Hog Hammers.

Interestingly the Remington brass did not dent like the denting I was having with Winchester ammo. There was a very slight crease above the shoulder but insignificant as far as I was concerned.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by mlotziii.
10 years 11 months ago #23913

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!