Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

As far as optics go, I'd advise checking out Vortex. They're quality items, more fully featured than others at the same price point, the customer service is great so far, and they have a great warranty.

The model I have is a 4-16x50 PST. It's available with a first focal plane reticule graduated in either mils or minutes. I would have preferred the moa reticule, but got a good deal on one with the mil reticule. I never use the zero stop or the illumination for the reticule, but it was definitely worth $850.

You should be able to get the accuracy you're looking for, btw. If not, ask here. :)

Otherwise, congrats on your purchase. ;)
9 years 5 months ago #43078

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

When I got my 10B rifles there was no such thing as the "A" series. I like them just fine, but if they had been offered either way I would have gone with the 10A just so I could use PMags.

In a perfect world MagPul would make the PMag in both configurations and we could just buy a case of them and forget about the problem.
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 5 months ago #43088

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

If you are buying several mags for a B rifle, Armalite has a 10 pack of 20 rd gen 2 mags for $275. They are having a sale of 10% of any orders during November ,so with that discount 10 gen2 mags come out to $24.75 a piece. That is not a bad deal
9 years 5 months ago #43155

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by funfred on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

Do the USGI M14 mags work with the B model?

Side story...
I used to have ten of 'em but traded 'em for a 1000rd case of hard hittin' IMI .45ACP. Kinda kickin' myself but, hey, now I have 1000 cases of choice, once-fired brass whenever I get around to pursuin' reloads. All fired through this early edition 1991A1...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by funfred.
9 years 5 months ago #43159

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

The M14 mags can be modified to work, Here is an old thread on the topic;

www.ar10t.com/forums/magazines/2036-m14-...g-conversion-project
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dickn52
9 years 5 months ago #43168

Kudos to crux. I didn't see the pics but I got a feel for the endeavor. Sounded daunting. I guess I didn't make out too bad with my trade.
9 years 5 months ago #43171

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

A few comments for the OP and Armalite:

1) To the OP - In my opinion, the old B models that use the steel mags are better from a quality point of view. However the mags are more expensive and the Magpul type mags are more popular since they fit more brands of the 308 semi auto AR rifle platform. I know it's not what you were looking for but assuming that you can somehow afford to get the right mags it should serve you well. Also Armalite does sell five packs of B type mags at a discounted price. Yes they are $30 each but assuming they cost $15 more than the magpuls I would try not to get too upset. They last forever so it's going to be one added investment over the life of the rifle. I also would only buy the Armalite branded product.
2) To Armalite TR - He did not get what he ordered. My guess is you could help a lot if Armalite was willing to sell him a few mags at a special discount? While I understand your explanation it is true that the "B" is not included as an identifier on a B type AR-10. You might consider changing this since some gun dealers may need the "B" designation to understand exactly what they are selling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Siscowet
9 years 5 months ago #43183

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

:I-agree:
9 years 5 months ago #43185

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by dickn52 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

I am the proud owner of 6 20rd mags for my b model now. Paid 24.95 each for them. Yes they are solid and durable looking. Look like my old M14 mags from Vietnam days. They are heavy, but I no longer go on 5 day walks in the woods (you 75th guys know what I mean I think.) so weight won't be the issue here. Armalite owes me nothing at this time. They didn't sell this to me, my LGS did and he simply blew it when he called his distributor. I'll have it out with him later. He still holds some of my money from a former sale of a Shiloh Sharps. Thanks to everyone for your help and advice. I'm off to the range with some of my reloads this weekend. These were made up for a Tikka, and they fit my mags so I'm good to go. :wave:
9 years 5 months ago #43186

FWIW, Armalite voids lifetime warranties if handloads or reloads are fired.

Unless there's a catastrophic failure, how would they know?
9 years 5 months ago #43187

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!