Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

Excellent price on the mags :thumbs: you'll be hard pressed to ever wear them out.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 5 months ago #43188

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by ARMALITE TR on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

We have our ways........... :evil:
9 years 5 months ago #43189

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by funfred on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

:lol:

I'm not discounting the possibility as I only have an academic familiarity with reloading, but, seriously?!?
9 years 5 months ago #43190

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

As M118LR is far hotter than anything I would load, this makes little sense to me, unless the chambers show abuse. This is enough to send me looking at the competition as who can afford nothing but factory, plus factory is less accurate.
9 years 5 months ago #43191

They look like the old M14 mags because that was the basis for their design, with improvements for reliability.
9 years 5 months ago #43192

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

I'm not saying that Armalite "owes" you anything but as I stated above there is no specific "B" designation on the older style rifles. Only the "A" models have a specific designation. I think this is a labeling weakness that started at the factory and I think you will not be the last person who has this problem if they don't change their labeling specification.

Here - let me put it a little differently for the Armalite factory guy:

Armalite - how do you want to treat your customers - like the Armalite I remember - or like DPMS? The choice is yours. Man up and offer this guy a mag discount.

My 2 cents.

Edited to add - I do not know the buyer and I have owned an Armalite AR-10 B model for over a decade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, dickn52
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by silver78.
9 years 5 months ago #43193

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by dickn52 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

Sorry. Typing things and having them read is hard to do sometimes. What I meant was that I don't want or think Armalite needs to do anything for me at this stage. The rifle is everything I thought it would be, and some. The mags will work out ok, and they are indeed a one time purchase I hope. I now have 6 20's and the 1 10 that cam with it. That should be enough to keep my fingers working out. As for the reloading thing, if someone decides that a warranty (that will never be used) needs to be voided, then ok. But at the cost of factory ammo which is not as good as the ammo I can produce, well then I may have to chance it. Let's face it. Reloaders for years have built better ammunition specific to a weapon than can be bought off a shelf someplace. I have been building loads for competitions for years without a burp. I'll take my chances if necessary. Thanks to everyone for all your help and encouragement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Siscowet
9 years 5 months ago #43195

:I-agree: :twothumbs: :twothumbs:
9 years 5 months ago #43197

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

Well if you are a re-loader I have heard (but have not confirmed)that the mag design of the B models will accept a slightly longer OAL than the A design. So perhaps ending up with the B model might even turn out to be better than you originally thought.

Regarding the no warranty on rifles using hand loads. I would guess that Armalite is simply protecting themselves from someone who's loading too hot. I would also guess that if you happen to properly load - esp. if you load in the light side, your warranty will survive. But it's going to be at their discretion.

Unrelated question for the OP - Why did you pick Bartlein Barrels as your logo?
9 years 5 months ago #43199

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by dickn52 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

I load within spec. But found a reloading section on the Armalite site, so confused that they sell a powder dispenser for reloading knowing that to do so could void their own warranty. But I really don't think it's going to be an issue. As for the Bartlein barrel logo? I use his barrels a lot in small bore, and like the heck out of them. I just find they are true and accurate. IF I ever decided to rebarrel this AR, I would probably ask if they could help me. But until I actually shoot this one out... BTW, his barrels have been used in competitions all over the world with a great track record.
9 years 5 months ago #43200

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!