Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

M4 Optics mount suggestions

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Zabby on topic Re:M4 Optics mount suggestions

ok, so the rear flip ip will line up with my front sight when I mount a rear flip up sight on mt A2 rail? My rifle is model MT6400C . How much of a rise wil I need on my scope mount to overcome the front sight? Will that effect the scope at 0-200 yards?
14 years 9 months ago #1776

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:M4 Optics mount suggestions

OK, lets take this one at a time, the front sight will not affect your scopes vision, it is to close to the scope and should not affect the view, I am trying to find an article I have some where on it. As for the height of the scope mount that is entirely up to your preference, I have the LT-135, which is 1.93" to the center of my scope, I like to be off the gun because it is an AR-10 which has more kick than the M4 and it clears the ERS sight, I would suggest you look at any other rifles that you have and determine what is comfortable for you. The one I suggested (LT-104) is 1.5 to the center of the optic. If you go with that one, YOU will need a rear sight that lays flatter than my ERS, that is why I suggested the SPLP rear sight for you.
When you decide on the free float hand guard you will have to remove the front sight post and install a low profile or railed gas block. Oh I was going to tell you that what you have, by some is considered an A3, because an actual A2 has a carry handle receiver and the handle can not be removed.
An A4 has the railed receiver and a railed gas block, where yours has a railed receiver (with a bolt on carry handle) and an A2 front sight post, hence the A3.

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 9 months ago #1778

First off, thanks for all this help, I really appreciate it.
I do plan on replacing the foreend and gas block, so I will buy my flip up sights when that time comes.
Looks like Im gonna get a LaRue mount for a scope. Make my handloads and punch paper, then when I havemore cash I will replace my forend.
Im thinking benchrest and varmint for the scope, amy suggestions there?
14 years 9 months ago #1779

How much do you want to spend on a scope???, the mount is going to run you about 200. And I would suggest buying a rear sight for your rifle, never know when it might come in handy, you can always do the rest later.
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 9 months ago #1780

Ill get a rear sight for sure. Ill spend up to $600 for a scope more or less, im flexible. I handload and want to punch paper for a while until I find a nice round for my rifle.
14 years 9 months ago #1781

Well Zabby, for 600.00 I would go with the SPLP rear sight from Midwest industries, the LaRue QD LT-104 Mount and a Leupold Mark AR scope, you should be able to get them all for that amount of change, give or take 50.00

Scope
www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=199021

Mount
stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=30

Rear sight--- www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?f...play&category_id=173

These links should hook you up, hope this has helped and good luck, and post a picture when you get it done.

BMS

14 years 9 months ago #1782

I will! Thanks for all the help!
14 years 9 months ago #1783

ok, Ive decided to keep the front sight and co-witness it with an eotech. Any idea what mount would work? I also want to see if I can can combine an Eotech sight with an Aimpoint magnifier.
14 years 9 months ago #1792

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:M4 Optics mount suggestions

EOTech makes a magnifier, 3x and 4x......
14 years 9 months ago #1793

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!