Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

After a 10 year wait.............. Its coming!

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:After a 10 year wait.............. Its coming!

Hey you are alot shorter than I pictured you to be for that big of a gun,,,,,chuckle.
Really that is a nice piece of hardware, I am envious, that is a very nice SASS you got there. I am looking forward to a range report and some pics.
Again NICE, VERY VERY NICE.
BMS............
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 9 months ago #1850

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 42

Replied by zfk55 on topic Re:After a 10 year wait.............. Its coming!

Yeah, if I could go back to that age knowing what I know now........... Joyce Jouhnson would not be safe. The hBN arrived today, so Friday evening we begin with the hBN impact coating of the first 100 175 grain projectiles. After that we'll zero at 100, go to 200, 400 and then 500 yards. Then we'll have to leave our range and go down the valley to the Austin Monk ranch for the 800 and 1,000 yard tests.
We're going to photograph the entire process.

zfk55
Latigo

"When futile negotiating is done, when the corrupt politicians will not hear, when the voice of the citizens is ignored you will then face me under a different and final circumstance."

Col. Michael Hoare
14 years 8 months ago #1880

Bullet prep before hBN impact coating.

Now it begins.
Ball and Bullet washing.
Hot, soapy water.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Now they dry overnight on a Terry Towel.

The steel balls and bullets were brand new right out of the box, but after washing, the water was grey and dirty.

More to come with the next process.

zfk55
Latigo

"When futile negotiating is done, when the corrupt politicians will not hear, when the voice of the citizens is ignored you will then face me under a different and final circumstance."

Col. Michael Hoare
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
14 years 8 months ago #1887

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:After a 10 year wait.............. Its coming!

How much of an improvement do you think you'll see by coating those bullets? I've thought about doing this process myself.
14 years 8 months ago #1888

I'll give you a link. This hBN process is a world apart from Moly coating. If Moly traps moisture in your barrel it turns corrosive, and the buildup from Moly caused most users to eventually ditch the process. Our rifle builder expects an easy 1" moa at 1,000 yards.

www.patentstorm.us/patents/7197986/description.html

We're following the process very carefully. We'll post it all through the targets.

zfk55
Latigo

Col. Michael Hoare
14 years 8 months ago #1889

Latigo

Col. Michael Hoare
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by zfk55.
14 years 8 months ago #1894

Latigo

Col. Michael Hoare
14 years 8 months ago #1895

And, the missed process photos.

A clean oil pan and stainless steel parts strainer normally used for solvent cleaning

Carefully dump the plastic impact coating container BBs and bullets into the strainer.

Lift and let the BBs fall to the bottom.

Use a Release Magnet to carefully collect the hBN coated steel BBs and place them back in the plastic jar. Seal immediately.

Latigo

Col. Michael Hoare
14 years 8 months ago #1909

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:After a 10 year wait.............. Its coming!

I have to be honest, I just got my first reloading set up and it isn't even complete yet, boy I have along way to go to understand what on earth you are doing, but it looks really cool, I bet Edge is on his toes looking at those pics. chuckle,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hi Edge..........
I will be interested to hear how the improve on the shooting ability of the round.........Will keep looking and listening. Maybe I will even learn something along the way.
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 8 months ago #1910

Latigo

Col. Michael Hoare
14 years 8 months ago #1914

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!