Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

After a 10 year wait.............. Its coming!

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:After a 10 year wait.............. Its coming!

I am watching this thread pretty closely. I've heard of this process before, but haven't tried it yet. I've always wondered if it was worth the time and effort. I appreciate zfk55 for taking the time to document and show us the process!! I may have to try this out sometime with my .308 and .338 bullets. I especially think this would be well worth the time to coat my .338 bullets and see what happens with my groups at 1 mile and see if I can get longer barrel life out of that rifle!

I'm looking forward to seeing your range report on that nice rifle!
14 years 8 months ago #1916

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

By the way, nice rifle!

I have a friend who has a similar one. I don't know if it is the same model, but it has the straight pull bolt like yours. It's also a nice rifle!
14 years 8 months ago #1917

• Thank you received: 42

Replied by zfk55 on topic Re:After a 10 year wait.............. Its coming!

Latigo

"When futile negotiating is done, when the corrupt politicians will not hear, when the voice of the citizens is ignored you will then face me under a different and final circumstance."

Col. Michael Hoare
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by zfk55.
14 years 8 months ago #1918

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is the 31.

I'll let him know about your website, although I would bet he already does as he's pretty proud of that rifle. He brought it along on a Long Range competition, just for fun. I never got to shoot it, because I was busy playing with some other toys, but I did watch for a minute. Seems like a nice rifle!
14 years 8 months ago #1919

The k31 is the only military production rifle in the world designed around a specific cartridge, the GP11 7.5 Swiss.
Its also the most inherently accurate production military rifle ever made. Check the Camp Perry and Quantico scores for the past two years, even for the 1,000 yarders. Might surprise you.

zfk55
Latigo

"When futile negotiating is done, when the corrupt politicians will not hear, when the voice of the citizens is ignored you will then face me under a different and final circumstance."

Col. Michael Hoare
14 years 8 months ago #1920

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:After a 10 year wait.............. Its coming!

Hey thanks for the reloading advice and the website, and I have a reloading forum, Edge and you (if you don't mind the questions) I think I am covered. Thanks, I sit back and let you and Edge talk about the rifle and the rounds.
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 8 months ago #1921

I don't mind at all, but this might be a good start. Its from my own archives on the Swiss Rifles website. My name is Pierre St.Marie www.swissrifles.com/ammo/reload1.htm

zfk55
Latigo

Col. Michael Hoare
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
14 years 8 months ago #1922

Yesterday afternoon was meant to be just bore burnishing and maybe scope zeroing, so we only loaded 10 of the 450 Lake City cases. I didn't take the camera because it was only a hBN barrel burnishing and possible scope setting session. My Grandson had turned elevation and windage knobs the day it arrived.
Prone, no bagging, one round every five seconds for burnishing. One ragged hole right out of the gate!! No flyer, no cold shot, just an incredible rifle.
Thursday we'll get serious with sandbagging and take pictures of the whole process. After that we'll go to 200, 300, 400 and 500 yards. We'll try the same process on the zfk55 before we go down the valley for the 1,000 yard shots.

zfk55
Latigo

Col. Michael Hoare
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
14 years 8 months ago #1931

Latigo

Col. Michael Hoare
14 years 8 months ago #1939

Latigo

Col. Michael Hoare
14 years 8 months ago #1941

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!