Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

• Thank you received: 0

need a adjustable gas system for suppressor was created by rnb873091

I am interested in a adjustable gas port for use with a suppressor on my AR10T with factory 16" barrel I have been told that the currant SASS system adjustable port don't always work well with the 16" barrel. B)
14 years 2 months ago #2995

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

This doesn't directly answer your question, but I'd like to raise a new one. Is an adjustable gas port even necessary for use with a supressor? I've heard different opinions. MSH, I'd really like to hear your opinion on this. I have a DPMS with an 18&1/2 inch tube. What are the pros and cons of an adjustable gas system? Will an armalite system work on a DPMS? Thanks in advance guys.
14 years 2 months ago #2996

Replied by rnb873091 on topic Re:need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

With out an adjustment you will either have too much gas presser with the suppressor on or not enough pressure with it off it is hard to adjust a one size fits all per Armalite that why they had problems timing the gas system with the short barrels that being said I know there are system out there so you can time the system with out added wear on the upper receiver and recoil buffer.
14 years 2 months ago #2997

Do you know who makes any of those systems? Does armalite's work for any gun?
14 years 2 months ago #2998

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

An adjustable gas system will help you with a can attached. You may have trouble with the hydro buffer, they have caused trouble for all that I have seen. Hot to cold weather is an issue. The adjustable gas manifold basically softens the recoil as does the buffer. You need 19500psi to operate the rifle. You will find a standard buffer and spring is fine. The system will run 50 times dirtier with a can and will need to be cleaned every 30 rounds or so.
Don't try subsonic loads because you dont have the right barrel from the get go.
MSH
14 years 2 months ago #2999

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

The timming issues was due to the dwell time after the gas port on the SBRs. Armalite hasen't had anyone working for them that understands that issue for years. He got runned off.MSH
14 years 2 months ago #3000

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

DF, there was another thread a ways back, Crux was asking the same thing or was it Edge...dang I hate getting old....anyway check in the suppressor category you might find it....I think either JP Enterprise make one and PRI makes one as well.

www.pri-mounts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Scre...ry_Code=AR15_M16_ACC

www.jprifles.com/1.4.6_gs.php

I just checked also, you can buy one from DPMS, they would know what one you need.
www.dpmsinc.com/search/index.aspx?s=gas+blocks

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 2 months ago #3002

I own a Fulton Armory Titan, which is based off of a DPMS LR-308. I'm interested in buying a suppressor, and probably a adjustable gas block (suppressed or normal) and I just talked to both Fulton Armory and DPMS. Fulton Armory will not offer any opinion or information regarding suppressing their rifles, I guess due to liability concerns, and DPMS just told me, a significant amount of work would be required to add the suppressor and then it would have to stay permanently on. I guess I'm floundering in my ignorance here now, since I know that I've seen AR-10s,(really I guess I mean the Knight system) that can be shot with or without suppressors. Can anyone shed any light on this for me. The more I ask, the more confusing answers I get.
14 years 2 months ago #3004

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

Well I asked for help for you, and the AR-10 can be suppressed, I don't know why they say that yours can't be and that it has to be permanent, I think with the right combo of equipment, you will be loosing the ear plugs....so hold tight and see.....
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 2 months ago #3005

BMSASS, thanks for the assist and the response. I thought I was losing my mind. I think it might be a case of "not invented here, not made here, not sold here" and that's why I got the answers I got. Very dissapointing that companies take that approach if that's what it is. I look forward to hearing from anyone out there for any advice or help you can offer. Thanks in advance guys.
14 years 2 months ago #3006

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!