Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

BMSASS, thanks for the assist and the response. I thought I was losing my mind. I think it might be a case of "not invented here, not made here, not sold here" and that's why I got the answers I got. Very dissapointing that companies take that approach if that's what it is. I look forward to hearing from anyone out there for any advice or help you can offer. Thanks in advance guys.
14 years 2 months ago #3007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

DPMS is going to stay out of the mix because of parent company Remington is taking the lead on the Mil & LEO sales on can equipted systems. All you need is the gas regulator in line some where to adjust for the extra back pressure. I just set up one of my gas pistons on a 300 Whisper shooting sub sonic loads for a Mil test and a gas regulator is a must for the piston system also. Keep it simple. Brownells even sales an adjustible gas tube. MSH
14 years 2 months ago #3009

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Scaup58 on topic Re:need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

These guys make a very nice looking 3 position gas block for suppressor use:

Paladin Machine Service
3832 gates ford rd.
Kershaw,SC 29067
contact him via email: tp555@alltel.net

Some pic's here: www.perfectunion.com/vb/showthread.php?t=65229

Also PRI and J P Enterprises make low profile variable gas blocks. Midway has the PRI and Brownell's the J P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
14 years 2 months ago #3014

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

DF, listen to MSH, he is well versed in the different platforms...well versed, ok extremely well versed....ok god like...LOL :lol:
If I were you, take a deep breath and just make some calls.....
Check JP, PRI, and the other one posted....one question to boot, did you by change call ArmaLite and ask them if theirs will fit other rifles....it may, but don't quote me on that....and one last thing...On the links I posted,,,,,the one for DPMS has the PRI and JP adjustable gas blocks....so that in it self should tell you that they will work....OH I am going to catch crap for this from MSH.....lol
On the KAC and the SUPER SASS they both have the "gas buster" charging handle as well, to divert the excess gas out the side of the receiver as far as the excess blow-back and to help regulate the pressure, now the S-SASS has the adjustable gas block where as the M-110 SASS (KAC) does not....so it can go either way....MSH will probably be on me for this one....LOL :laugh:
I think the reason they are telling you that it can't be that way, I may be wrong on this- unless there is a mechanical reason, which I doubt, is that these days certain companies do not want to promote the use of a can ability....I think you can understand that one.....hope this is some help..
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 2 months ago #3021

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

The issue is Rem,DPMS,Bushmaster,Cobb are under the same management and ownership. Remington is the boss, remember who has the most lawyers. The rest of them can't step out of bounds and what Ren says goes. The odd man out is Armalite and Rock River who are in a fued. Rock River started when them boys quit Armalite over QC and other issues. Rock Rivers crew are good to work with as with Remingtons big group. You will find the other nonbrand name companys more willing to give you info for your cans as they have issued on their products. Now that being said there is alot of suppressor stuff out there. We setteled on the Surefire system for the interchangeability from gun to gun. The 30 cal can works very well on the 22 cal. With there attachment system one can fits all. Going from the M24 300 WIN MAG to the Ar 15 PRI setup is 15sec if the can is cool. We use RTV to seal the charging handle area off on most of these black guns. Shooting high power it was a must as the gases got thick through the rapids and it will be a safty issue for use with a can.MSH
14 years 2 months ago #3023

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rnb873091 on topic Re:need a adjustable gas system for suppressor

What is RTV? I am going with the surefire unit because I only want one unit around the house and plan to make the 30 cal unit work on everything I plan to suppress.
14 years 2 months ago #3024

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Let me get this off the list first BMS thats funny and your full of it and need to be studied HaHa good one got me, but now to business. RTV is the rubber sealent Auto Zone sales in a tube. You won't go wrong with surefire. We started puting them on the 249 Saws a long time ago with out any problems. Expect the group to drop 5" at 200yds with the can on so thats the norm with the surefife.MSH
14 years 2 months ago #3025

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!